jake760

Jun 1, 2008
Does anyone else ever get that happening when you need something for your bike? I can't stop buying parts! My chain was worn, so i bought one and decided to get new sprockets too. might as well get new bolts for the back sprocket too. my piston rings were worn, might as well replace the piston, wrist pin bearing, reeds, etc. while I'm in there. My clutch cable broke, might as well replace the throttle cable before it breaks too. Back brakes were worn, so I replaced both sets! I know my bike is happy, but my wallet isn't! :think:

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Wow, I was just going to write a post about this very subject, thank you!

I knew my bike needed a little work... shock needed to be rebuilt. So Dad and I bring it in and take out the shock. But oh happy day; the linkage is shot,bearings are worn out, parts are missing, the seal behind my kickstart is leaking, and the list goes on. Funny how one thing seems to snowball into a lengthy (expensive) list of things that need to be dealt with. I guess the rule is : DO NOT even begin to take your bike apart until you have accepted the fact that if one thing is worn out, at least 5 other things will be too. Expensive things. Sometimes ignorance is bliss......

Apr 30, 2007
250girl said:
Sometimes ignorance is <del>bliss</del>......a collarbone twice broken.

Good that you're doing the shock. I ignored mine...and it "pogo sticked" me me right on my head. :whoa:

That's how my big black beast went...it was a sad day when I let it go...I couldn't afford to keep it happy!

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Marry Money I say... Keep the money flowing to keep the habit going...GAWD this is a expensive hobby....Make sure they are happy to make you happy...Gotta love dirtbiking....RARWR!!!!!!!!!(*P.S. I found a job at the HONDA shop to support my bike, maybe you could be so fortunate!!)

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Just spent $805 on parts when I only needed a couple things!
Wound up ordering a bunch of special tools for the timing chain and for fork sevicing and threw in half a dozen oil filters, three quarts of synthetic oil, a gallon of tranny fluid, another air filter, a programming tool with software for the bikes' computer, another bike stand, a strange looking spark plug, a service manual, etc. My son threw in a bunch of stickers, an inner tube and a set of gloves when I wasn't looking.

Wanted to take advantage of the 15% off with the new bike purchase but was shocked when he rang it all up! Still have stuff on order!

I really don't mind - plenty of junk now to keep busy in the winter.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom