So Cal - PIRU MX - Saturday - August 3rd

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
9 AM at the Piru Motocross Park.

5 north just past Magic Mountain - take 126 W (left off the exit coming from the south) and go 7 or 8 miles until you see a sign for Center Street on the right. Take Center and you'll run right into the track ...

Track is about 1 mile long ...

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Looks like I'm in too !! I was gonna hit Racetown (Adelanto), but it looks like the 20 minute drive won over the hour and a half drive. R U going to park in the same area as last time ? If you make an immediate right when you enter the park there are some trees you can park under for shade !!
Eel, I remember your bike, but what kind of truck do you drive ? I'll keep a lookout for you.
C-Ya Saturday !!
CLIFF

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
The Eel drive a silver Toyota Tacoma 4-door.

And I drive this...........................

Attachments

• my pictures0004.jpg
    my pictures0004.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 266

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
My apologies! SUNDAY is AUGUST 3RD ! So yes - I will be there at 9 AM on SUNDAY, AUGUST 3RD.

Hope this doesn't screw anything up ... don't know which way is up lately.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
HELP ME ... I'M TOTALLY LOSING IT !!!!!!!!! :scream:

You're right Andrew. Guys - I can only make it on Sunday, not on Saturday. So I'll be there on SUNDAY the 4TH.

Ever get the feeling you'll be riding alone ? I just did.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Eel,
Can't make it Sunday, but I still plan on going tomorrow.

Thumbs,
How about you, you going tomorrow or Sunday?

YZandrew,
You should make the trek up north and come join us. Straight up the 5 and then hit the 126 and your there !

Cliff

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Thanks for the invite, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a track just yet. I'm still kinda new at this and I'm still trying to work up to the bigger jumps when I find them out on the trails.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
No prob.......

Actually Piru is a relatively tame layout.......no killer jumps. I do understand that riding a track can be intimidating though. When ever you feel up to trying a ride at the track, check the forums because you'll usually find someone that's going to a track, or on a trail ride.

Hopefully we'll meet sometime soon :D

CLIFF

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Yeah, maybe one of these times we can set up a beginner track day. Although, that might get dangerous with all of us loose on the track at the same time!

I'm sure we'll run into each other sooner or later; I mean that figuratively of course. ;)

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
beginner track day, now your talking hahaha, i have never been on a paid track. sounds like fun when you could ride with people with your same skill level. set one up i'll go.
something little closer to san diego would be nice too.

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Hey guys,

Most tracks now have what they call "Vet" tracks which are geared for beginners and us old folk. As a matter of fact I just talked to a friend who was at El Snore yesterday, and it was his first time on a MX track and he throughly enjoyed the "Vet" track.

A number of us having been trying to plan a MX day at either Comp. Park or El Snore, but just haven't been able to coordinate everyone's schedule. Both facilities have multiple tracks (read Vet), so everyone should be able to ride at a comfortable level.

KX steve, you'll have to try to hook-up with Bruce C.. He lives in SD and rides quite a bit.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Mx Dude
Thumbs,
How about you, you going tomorrow or Sunday?
Cliff
Neither one. I crashed my brains out last night at Saddleback MX. I over shot the double and landed flat with my front tire just stuffing into the start of the incline of what should have been the triple. The bike bottomed out front and rear but I stayed on going up the next lip until the seat bounce and rebound took affect. Thats when me and the mighty cr went our separate ways. We both cleared the jump and once again landed in the flat but this time we were ten feet from each other (I went further that my scooter, hahaha). As soon as I hit the ground I rolled onto my knees and just stared at the ground until it stopped moving and the damn phone stopped ringing. A minute or two later I picked myself and my scooter up and headed for the pits.

Damage report
Me - Left elbow is the size of a softball, left knee is the size of a 2 softballs and is very sore to walk on, road rash on the right arm and the worst is my left wrist. Fingers move fairly well but I can't move the wrist without pain. If It doesn't get better soon I'm heading to the hospital.

My bike - Bent bars, broken brake lever, cracked throttle tube, torn grip, destroyed rear fender, tweaked mud guard for the rear rotor and of course the best for last................ a bent sub-frame! The left side of the sub-frame where the seat bolts into it is directly over the center off the rear tire. :eek:

So needless to say I'm out for a while. :whiner:

Last edited:

Mx Dude

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2000
Thumbs,

Wow, really sorry to hear that :eek:

Hopefully your a fast healer, and it's just a bunch of scaps and bruises, nothing broken (on your body anyways).

Take care !!

C-Ya next time.

CLIFF

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Glad you're OK Thumbsy. Sounds like a bad crash. I guess we're all due at one point or another.

On the upside, maybe it's time to get that KTM 200 ? :aj:

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Chonce and I hit up the track this sunday again. Got there early to avoid the crowd. It turned out real nice that day... lots of great turning ruts in some awesome dirt the 426 hooked up unbelieveably.. this track has some cool smaller jumps(good beginner track) tight and technical with a sweet triple then a big downhill.

4 six lap motos and my arms were beat. Lots of guys crashing. Sorry Thumbs...just know that you weren't the only one. I saw a guy on a Brand spanking new CR450 go over the bars and destroy basically the same stuff that you did.(with sympathy :whiner: ) On top of the crash he gets pissed b/c he trashed his new ride so he chucks his brand new Shoei in the dirt.

Just goes to show you...the guys that show up with brand new stuff are sometimes (please don't trash me one this..MY EXPIERENCE) new to the track or riding and I usually aviod the shiny bikes. Not that I am a vet(yet) but I have become a local track goer for the last 3years and I have to share my dirt with just anybody with 18 bucks and scooter.

Any hoot I will be going up to piru often, look for me on the #37 426.

BTW: I will be starting a list for a track rental soon. Date unknown. Maybe Piru or Hungrry Valley. Same price as practice, but ride by yourself and your DRN buddies. :moon:

Last edited:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Thumbs, sorry to hear about the crash - any more reports on injury, did you wind up at the hospital?

Top Bottom