njw

Apr 18, 2001
Does anyone have a suggestion for challenging single-track trails, preferrable woodsy, in the So. Cal area. I'm stuck in a rut of doing Gorman, Big Bear/Arrowhead and Kennedy Meadows and can't seem to find anything that compares. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Bored with Kennedy Meadows????????:eek: Hey Kiwi, take him on one of your Death March loops.;)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
njw - we are going to KM this weekend if you would like to tag along. Check out my pictures and see if they look familiar. We can make it as challenging as you would like - but beware of what you ask for.

njw

Apr 18, 2001
Kiwi, I read your previous ride report on KM and was unduly impressed. I've often considered going "off the beaten path" but am probably irrationally leery of Mr. Ranger. I love KM, my only beef is that most of the trails are pretty whoop-ed out at this point. This weekend doesn't work for me, but I would enjoy to ride with you sometime. I'll make sure to battle prepare myself and my bike.

I know there is alot of good single track out there that is legal to ride and not necessarily part of an OHV area. I came across alot of great stuff north of Lake Tahoe years ago before anybody knew about. I guess it takes local knowledge and I was hoping people could share some ideas.

Thanks for the tip on Piute, I'll check it out.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
ST - This Map will show you roughly where KM is. The road above the 395 symbol leads up to KM. We camp in the area about by the "l" in Sierra Natl. For. and ride above the road and below it down to Lake Isabella.

I feel that you SHOULD come down to Jawbone (below Redrock Canyon) for Spanksgiving, we will be staying for a week and will be doing a couple of small road trips to trails which lead up to KM (depending on snow), lots of stuff where your Af will be in heaven.

This an open invite and I'll be posting more as the time draws closer.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
How far do you think it is from Tehachapi? Maybe thirty miles? My brother lived there. We went up last year and rode the desert just east of Tehachapi on the south side of Hwy 58. That's about seven hours from Phoenix. looks like Jawbone is even closer!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Tehachapi isn't far at all, although if you stay there you would miss the -

Night time hill climbing and descending
Fire jumping, walking, kneeling and rolling
Alcohol induced promises of future riding prowess
Messing with your buddies when they fall asleep around the fire

and you wouldn't want to miss that, would you?

I believe a few people will be coming down from Reno which is about the same drive time.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Kiwi,
Does your group do Jawbone at Xmas? Just found out today that we're gonna be shutdown Dec 24 - Jan 4. We usually try to make to the desert at New Year's - Jawbone, Cal City etc - and meet up with friends. Looks like this year may be the big trip - time off AND we have a trailer:)

Brian

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
Tehachapi isn't far at all, although if you stay there you would miss the -

Night time hill climbing and descending
Fire jumping, walking, kneeling and rolling
Alcohol induced promises of future riding prowess
Messing with your buddies when they fall asleep around the fire

and you wouldn't want to miss that, would you?

Yeah, it would be tough to miss out on all that good stuff. But I believe it would be tougher to miss out on a shower every day!!:eek:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
ST - you can shower in my trailer.
Nvr Fnsh - absolutely!
Next problem?

Top Bottom