So here we are ... it comes down to Vegas

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
NEVER has the series seen two riders tied in points, going into the last round. Simple really....

RC wins Vegas, he gets the title.
Chad Wins, he get's it.
JS wins, someone other than RC or Chad finish second, he wins it.

So what are the odds? You've gotta go with RC in 1st or 2nd?
Can Chad pull out a win without RC and JS DNF'ing?
Chad and RC tangle?
Imagine the pressure on the top two going into this thing! Insane. :ohmy:

So what's it going to be?

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
typically, I would say stewart gets the win. (or a crash and get 3rd) Carmicheal getssecond, and Reed third. I can see RC and CR battling for second, but RC is just too etermined.

........But than again this season is anything but typical!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
In anycase it's gonna be a good race!! I hope everyone stays healthy and all get good starts.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
I cant tell the future, but it seems James is on a roll with SX, but outdoor will be another story, thing is James is younger and stepping it up, I think it tends to be another Stewart win...but I hope RC pulls it off, I think it will be the best race for the 06 season, obviously, but I think it will be Stewart if he does keep it cool.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
As long as Reed doesn't win, I will be happy. ;)

I see it as (the race):
1) JS
2) RC
3) CR

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
the pressure is on , it all comes down to this race, one of the three are going to ride over their head to take this. i think Reed's going down for his first race of the season that he cant wait on a gift. the other two have some practice at racing

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Vegas: everybody needs to win, but nobody can afford to ride stupid, either. It's going to be a delicate balance of speed and control, but with these supercharged athletes under intense pressure, I think they're going to err on the side of speed. Somebody's going to go down. I pick Ricky to win, Chad second, Bubba third after a crash, as long as there aren't any seagoing vessels in the infield. If there are, Ricky's finished.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it's the final race, the cliche's are flowing like the beer flows like wine . . .

:rotfl:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
ARGHHHH!!! I want to go to Vegas. Does Vegas have the Paris Style jump coming out of the tunnel every year? Anyway, I'm hoping RC gets one more title before he goes out. JBS has plenty of time to claim them all when RC is gone. If fate deals CR another pair of aces I'll have to accept it, but I won't be happy about it. Man I wish that was going to be a live race!!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sandjunky said:
. . . Does Vegas have the Paris Style jump coming out of the tunnel every year? . . . Man I wish that was going to be a live race!!!
No, they have had a supermoto section, though.

and it will be live. On Speed. 7 pm PDT.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
RC only needs to finish second behind JS so that is exactly where he will finish. I don't see him trying to battle with James much at all. RC can ride smart and safe and still beat everyone except Stewart.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
do they do the double start every year for vegas... right and left side, that go into the bottle neck first turn? IF I remember correctly that set up start causes some serious contact...

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
can you imagine if there is a major wreck in the start and it involved all 3, JS, CR, RC. Then the scenario would be them all moving up the field to get out front for the lead. Pressure on Reed? Theres also pressure on JS. I think RC will be the calmest.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
though he will still ride and i am a huge fan , unless the protect mode has been extremely convincing he may be on his way out in other sense of the word :(

also , anyone have any specifics on the contract?? could it be outdoor only , or just putting on promotions etc.?? part time the 2nd?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
The pressure is REAL BIG.............$$$'s on RC.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okiewan said:
RC has signed a "Multi-Year" deal with Suzuki. This isn't his last season.

Has it been confirmed that he will actually be racing?

IMO he is more likely to be a coach/mentor. He's got nothing left to prove on the track, especially if he wins this year's SX and MX titles.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
i dont know if some of u agree with this but what if stewart goes kinda slow and rides with chad and ricky and then tries to bump it up half way through the race possibly causing some crashes

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
How many times have RC and JS pushed too hard and ended up in the dirt? With the championship on the line, they will all push that much harder. I think that either RC or JS will take a dirt dive late in the race, the other will take the win. Reed wil be there to take second. Also, there is less pressure on Stewart, he only gets the championship if both Reed and Ricky finish poorly. This may be too his advantage.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Mxrider26x said:
i dont know if some of u agree with this but what if stewart goes kinda slow and rides with chad and ricky and then tries to bump it up half way through the race possibly causing some crashes

Then..........I'll never be his "friend" on MySpace.com :yikes: :whoa:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I pick RC for 2nd with JS in 1st but have a nagging feeling that emotion will drive RC into a block and all cards are up in the air at that point. Some tend to discount Reedy but if he wins... he EARNED it!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I say the smart money is on JBS 1st, RC 2nd, and CR 3rd.. But I will be rooting for Reed..

But, But Reed's fastest laps were about the same as RC's two races ago and faster than RC's last race, both have been significantly slower than Bubba's so I'm afraid they will be close and pushing each other, causing one or both to go down. This could allow Bubba to win it all.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
It could be anyone. I'd like to see Reed take the win fair & square (unlikely I know). Michael Byrne had an outstanding race in Vegas last year.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…