So here we are ... it comes down to Vegas

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
yeah the reed thing is unlikely but like you i am rooting for him and he never tests and i feel that if he tests possibly a lil again this week hes bike will work good

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I think the title is gonna be Stewarts, Somethin says the whoops are gonna be a little deeper this week :laugh:

Outdoors, Bryner will be a upset this year, not that he will win a Championship, but i bet he has a few top 3's :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
RC goes into protect-mode and is happy to win second, giving him the SX title.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
rickyd said:
I think the title is gonna be Stewarts, Somethin says the whoops are gonna be a little deeper this week :laugh:

:

That's interesting, but I think they are going to build a fast track so the guys are racing eachother instead of the track... I think the whoops are gonna be managable... Noone want to see rickey crash in the whoops, and lose that way... With that said I bet the track is gonna be fast, with out the "excite bike" obsitcles

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
Vegas is a small tight track, the start as always will be critical. I think Chad and RC have a better chance at winning the race with the pressure. Stewart will push too hard and crash, letting RC and Chad battle it out for the win.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
The more I think about this....the more I wonder if the race won't be as exciting as we are all hoping.

I think a very likely scenario is this. Bubba goes down in the first turn and ends up back of the pack. RC gets into #1 spot in quick time and starts to lay down some times. Reed (maybe mixing it up with KW or Tedesco) eventually claws his way into #2 spot...only to be faced with a HUGE gap up to RC. And Bubba claws his way up to 3rd.

Hopefully it will be more of a race than this, but it very well could be set in stone right after the gate drops like previous races have been.

Micah

P.S. If Bubba gets out into 1st, it would be in his best interest to not put down a huge amount of space between him and RC. That will only fuel RC to be content with his #2 spot. If Bubba can keep it close to RC that will help bunch the group up and hopefully allow RC to mix it up and possibly go down due to Reed or someone else nipping at his heels. However, last race...Vegas...if Bubba gets in 1st I don't know if he really wants to mess around. He might just default into "check out" mode.

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
The best racing in my mind will happen if Reed gets the holeshot with RC in 6-7th and JS 15th or worse. Those two will put on a show to get up front.

If JS is out front at the start, I don't really see the other two trying or being able to run him down. The only way I see some one riding in mode is if RC is in second with CR stuck back in the pack. I don't believe that CR can ever ride in protect mode with RC charging, even from way back.

I just hope they are all in it and racing hard and even fairly aggressive. Block passing for the championship is to be expected in my book. I'm tired of the liberal biased P-C racing. This should produce some Bradshaw-Matasivich-Johnson-Hannah type riding if anything does. :cool:

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I can't wait to see an aggressive Reed. Chad really has nothing to lose. If he has already sealed a deal to head up his own team, and/or Yamaha keeps him because he is the best of the rest, then he will mix it up with RC and Bubba.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
MX-272 said:
The best racing in my mind will happen if Reed gets the holeshot with RC in 6-7th and JS 15th or worse. Those two will put on a show to get up front.

:cool: That's what I'd like to see as well.

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
I would really like to see Stewart win it all,but its unlikely.I was thinking,if Stewart wins and lets say Windham takes 2nd and RC takes 3rd with CR in the middle of the pack.That would be 336 points for both Stewart and RC,what happens in that situation?Do they go by whoever has won more races?

P.S I hardly think CR deserves this title if he wins.The only way the man won a race this year was from JBS and RC crashing.On the other hand he has been most consistant,grabbing 2nds and 3rds.I dunno lol

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
HySpeed125 said:
P.S I hardly think CR deserves this title if he wins.The only way the man won a race this year was from JBS and RC crashing.
Then you could say the same about RC. So JS should win it even tho 2 other riders have more series points than him? :whoa:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Reesknight said:
Then you could say the same about RC. So JS should win it even tho 2 other riders have more series points than him? :whoa:
There's an emotional and a logical to side to just about everything. Emotionally, most would prefer to see a "champ" be the one who won the most, while logically, the one with the most points will win it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
. . . Emotionally, most would prefer to see a "champ" be the one who won the most, while logically, the one with the most points will win it.
for example, Bradshaw's meltdown in 92, handing the championship to Stanton.

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Reesknight said:

No not really because a couple of races this year RC has beatin JS.I don't mean to offend any Reed supporters,I'm just more of a fan of JS and RC.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I like Reed...as everyone knows. but I make no mistake about it. JBS and RC are faster. Whether Reed choses to not ride at that level...or whether he is just not capable of riding that fast I have no idea. But it seems like so many people equate "champ" with "blowing everyone out of the water". Yeah, it's cool to see Bubba blast away from the pack and lap people up to 3rd, but that doesn't make a champ. IT's a HUGE advantage, but you ahve to be well rounded.

Reed possesses a lot of what is required to be a champ, so it just irks me when people dismiss him as unworthy because he isn't as fast as JBS or RC. That's all.

Micah

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Has Stewart really crashed that much?I can't remember off the top of my head,but RC has won like what 4-5 races this year? I guess I am wrong then,the only time anybody but JS won is when he crashed.If thats the case then you guys are right,RC and CR deserve it just as much as JS.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
If Bubba hasn't crashed, he has won. However, there have been races when he remounted and failed to make up any ground on RC, so he apparently wasn't much faster then, if at all. Also, if James was leading and made a slight bobble that let RC go by, wouldn't everybody admit he got beaten fair and square? So why is it any less so when he crashes his brains out? No; Ricky has beaten Bubba fair and square several times this year. But for all-out speed, I'd have to admit Bubba has a slight edge on RC.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I think it would be interesting & perhaps insightful if we tallied up the # of crashes for each of them. We should keep a separate count for qualifyers and main events. Off the top of my head, I would guess Bubbles would have the most, followed by the GOAT, and then Chadwick; but I might be wrong, as well! Anybody out there have the stats?

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I remember some handsome saves by all three. I think Reed in one of the early anaheim rounds was in the lead (either a heat or main) and got wicked sideways and parked it on the side of a jump. What got me was he just pointed it straight and clutched it into a double without giving up his spot.

RC came up REALLY short on a triple in his heat maybe in San Diego? And both him and Bubba have gone off track in some hair-raising moments.

Micah.

Top Bottom