So there's this KTM rider....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
KTM'er takes his bike to the shop and tells the mechanic that its running bad on top. The mechanic works on it for a few minutes and gets it all fixed-up.

Pumpkin rider asks: "What's the story?"
Mechanic replies: "Just crap in the carb"
Pumpkin rider asks: "How often should I do that?"

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:fft:

When I heard it it was a Honda rider ... :)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
When I told it in the 'joke dejor' thread it was a blonde,.... Thats just not right okie :nener:

Last edited:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Well.......how often DO I need to do that?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jamir said:
Well.......how often DO I need to do that?

Pipe down, Mr. I'm Too Cool To Own A Dirtbike Fake Harley Rider.:pissed:

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
so, theres this honda rider,......hold on, ill wait till he catches up, then ill tell it !! :nener:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Pipe down, Mr. I'm Too Cool To Own A Dirtbike Fake Harley Rider.:pissed:

Let's see. The last two years I owned a dirt bike, I rode three times. Since I got me street bike in May, I have rode over 5000 miles. So I am cool with it. Especially since my ex wife bought it for me for my birthday. How many dudes can say that?

As far as fake harley. Say what you want. My dad, brother, and cousin all ride Harleys. All three of them are broke down right now. My bike on the other hand, is ready to go at any moment. Soo I am cool with that too. Oh yeah, they all bitch about barely hitting 30 mpg. I am usually right about 48 mpg. Again, I am cool with that.

As far as being too cool to own a dirtbike....well, I guess you are right there. :moon:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
it's hard not to be too cool when you are so cool with everything there is to be cool about, right?

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
I have around 200 hours on my ktm 4-stroke engine and have never needed a new top end (or any other major mechanical work done)... I don't know how many Honda riders I've ran into at the track who have mentioned motor rebuilds/new valves/etc on their nearly new 25 hr bikes...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jamir said:
Let's see. The last two years I owned a dirt bike, I rode three times. Since I got me street bike in May, :blah: :blah: :blah: logical thought process

Rev, if you're gonna be logical about this I'll take my keyboard and go pick on Lou. :fft:

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
YamaB said:
. . . I don't know how many Honda riders I've ran into at the track who have mentioned motor rebuilds/new valves/etc on their nearly new 25 hr bikes...
I barely remembered to change oil on my Honda. That thing never coughed, hiccuped or burped (except every once in a while due to it's famously inept carburetor). Bulletproof to the end.

Probably still running. Oh yeah, it was an XR, if that matters ;)

AJ, could you take one of those CR250 frames you are getting those engines for your TRX250 setups and stuff one of the e-start TRX400 engines in there and make me a sweet electric start, air cooled supermoto bike? I'll do all kinds of free testing for you, and I *KNOW* I can get it plated up here in Idaho . . . PLEEEEEASE!!! :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999

It is definitely not recommended to go 200 hours on a topend with any major 4-stroke.

Having said that here is the picture of the piston from my 2003 that I sold last year. It had 80 hours on the engine when I did the top end...

http://truespode.net/temp/topend/

Be careful with that KTM though... if I remember correctly that year had an issue with the conical springs giving out so when you do a topend it might be a good idea to inspect them very closely and possibly replace the springs.

Ivan

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
XRpredator said:
(except every once in a while due to it's famously inept carburetor).

Well geeze,... it's obvious you were'nt crapping in it enough then :coocoo:

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:
Rev, if you're gonna be logical about this I'll take my keyboard and go pick on Lou. :fft:

Who is Lou? Oh yeah, that guy that lives 4 miles from me yet I have not seen in two years.

Pred, I learned all of my cooliness from you. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Jamir said:
Who is Lou? Oh yeah, that guy that lives 4 miles from me yet I have not seen in two years.

Costco had a sale on Ivory soap and Yogurt so he's been uhhhh busy. :whoa:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:

Gack! LMAO!

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Rich Rohrich said:

I was wondering why the population of dead kitties went up drastically. :yikes:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…