SoCa - LPNF Trail Clearing Work Party

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
e-mail today from Ranger Ray (RR):

"The next work party is May 5th. We are meeting here at the ranger station on Lockwood valley road at 10.00 am and will work on Lockwood, Yellow jacket and maybe and Piru (OHV trails).

The plan is to have all trails open that
weekend. The bad news is Snowy and E. Frazier trails may remain closed unless the snow melts off. I went up Frazier Mtn 4/23/01 and only went half way; the snow drifts were 4 feet deep. Thanks, Ray"

Directions to Chuchupate Ranger station From LA):
I-5 north to (Frazier Mtn./Lebeck turnoff - top of the Grapevine, next exit past Gorman) Frazier Mtn. Park Rd. Turn Left (west).
Go ~7 mi. to the community of Lake of the Woods, turn left onto Lockwood Valley Rd., then ~1 mile on the left will be the Chuchupate Ranger Station, the meeting spot w/RR.

For further information contact RR @ 661-245-3731, x240; information will not be available here on DRN other than who wants to post their attendance; unless RR wants to join DRN...hmmmm? Let's encourage him to do so, if permitted by his management.

FWIW, my sons & I will not be participating as the club we belong to has an enduro that same w/e; we will be going to those following.

------------------

Top Bottom