MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Well, I just wanted to *convey* my regards to them. I order a set of yellow backgrounds with #861 and they look awsome. Putting them on was easy if you knew the secret with the soapy water and the use of the sqweegy :) For any of you looking to get numbers on your bike, go with socal decal! Thanks

Last edited:

roughlander

Nov 20, 2001
I just bought some backgounds from Decalworks for my 250F and had some minor problems on the side numbers but they look much better than my first attempt.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Your problem with the side panels isn't an issue with SoCal... those things have so many curves in them, I don't think anyone can get the numbers on perfectly. I've used SoCal on 3 bikes (KX, CR and YZF)... the Yamaha was by far the hardest to get right.

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
I never have got them "right" on the side panels of my '02 Yamaha.

If the "secret" is soapy water, it would be nice if they told you. They TELL YOU to use Windex. I've put several sets of graphics on bikes and never had a problem, until these. For $56 I expected more support, at least a "tips and tricks" sheet. Oh, and they were two weeks late. :mad:

Front number plate looks great, I just wish the sides would lay down!:think

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Soapy water or Windex, doesn't really matter. The Windex has alcohol I believe so it tends to evaporate quicker. Make sure you soak the number plate so there is no way for the graphics to stick at first. A blow dryer also helps to keep the graphic hot and very pliable.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
If you were to take the time and look on the flat box that the backgrounds came with you would see a red sticker that says " Use soapy water and the sqiggy and a hair dryer for the side pannels" I got mine on PERFECT

Wild Hare

Aug 9, 2001
MRKracing,

I read everything in the box TWICE, mine said WINDEX. :debil:

I don't think I'm the only one having problems with the Yamaha Side panels. Instead of a CHEAP SHOT maybe you'd like to provide some helpful tips? Or is that to much trouble?:mad:

Last edited:

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Ok, here is what I did on my 2001 yz125. I just took my soapy water and just sprayed the heck out of the decal. and I sprayed the side pannels as well. I put the decal on and just started to squiggy the soapy water out. When most of it was out and it started to stick I took the hair dryer to it and got all the bubbles out and squiggied the excess soapy water out and it was on there good and solid now. They look great:)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom