SoCal ride 2-2?

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Anyone interested in doing a ride from Silverwood to Deep Creek?

I can only do Sunday the 2nd.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
There is a staging area at the dam of Lake Silverwood, I can give directions if you need.

As for the time I will have to get back to you on. I am meeting a buddy who I havent riddent with since last spring (he broke his foot here)

Usually about 8:30 I will post back as I hear back from others.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Is this the dam on the north side of Silverwood off of the 173? Where you park up the dirt road just before the day use area?   Start off the ride with a good hill climb. :yeehaw:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Yep, thats the one. But we park on the asphalt in the day use area, the rangers were there on sunday noone had adventure pass, no problems. ;)

The loop is about 43 miles. I make it with about 1/2 tank left on my 250e.

Last Sunday started at 60 deg and finished at 70. Ride goes from 3200 to 5200 with most milage done at 5000 ft.

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sorry Boodac but you will be up and around before you know it.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The actual trail we will be on can get somewhat difficult but there are smooth fireroads that lead through the entire area. If you havent been to the area you should check it out sometime. Just keep an eye out for oncoming traffic. Alot times you will run into jeeps and family trucksters around the lake.

It is also a green sticker and spark arrestor area. I have seen alot red sticker bikes up there but I would say ride at your own risk.

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
Thanks! I do ok - but go slowly through tight or rutted areas. Hubby is being patient with me! I'm still not real confident on steep or long uphills - but getting better there to. I'll have to go up and check it out.
We road the Crab Flats area of Big Bear last summer - but the road from there to arrowhead got a bit tough in one section & I chicken'd out. Hope I have better luck this summer. We are both green sticker so we should be ok.

Thanks again for the info.
Have fun on your ride!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Actually we will be on the same trail system as Crab Flats except were starting from the west end.

I think this is one of the best areas to ride in So. Cal.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Lisa, from where they are starting there is an easy fireroad that you can take. That willget you to the Pinnacles staging area. Thats where the singletrack trails are. You can actually stay on fairly easy fireroads all the way to Deep Creek crossing.

I might meet you guys out there. I won't know for sure until Sunday morning. So don't wait.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Any ranger station

I only know of 2

One is from on Sierra Hwy west of the 15. It probably 5-10miles from the I-15.

The other station is just past Lake Silverwood on the 138. Its on the right side of the road.

I would call ahead to be sure.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I can scan mine tonight and e-mail it anybody who would like a copy. I carry it with me in my bag so it might be a little beat up.

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
A scan would be awesome & I'll check out the ranger station on our next venture in that direction.
Thanks for your kindness.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Lisa-

I cant say for sure abour the fire roads except that I do know that it is possible. I have only taken the trail.

Chris

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey Rich, why do you need a copy-so you can dream? j/k When you get all healed up we need to take the kids up there!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
The wife says Ive been making motorcycle noises in my sleep. Im starting to thing Im having withdrawals even while I sleep. KTM Im there for the ride after healing part. BTW: are ya still heading out with us for the Adelanto GP?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…