FLBusa

May 29, 2003
Well....

I sold my KDX. With the KX250 fork swap and revalved rear shock it was one sweet ride. I'm really sorry to see her go but, I'm also really excited to take my new bike out for a spin. It's gonna take a bit of getting used to though.

The new ride is a 2001 KX250. It was barely ridden and has lot's O goodies already installed.

Clark 3.3 Gallon tank
Pro Circuit enduro valving
Ceet complete seat (Man am I gonna miss the cushy KDX seat)
EK nickel plated X Ring Chain
Vortex sprocket
Vortex billet top tripletree
Protaper bars
Acerbis Handguards

I sold the KDX for 2800 beans and bought the KX for the same. Apart from the handgards and new brake pads it was an even swap.

Here's some links to pic's of the old and new ride...

http://www.flbusa.com/images/KDX/KDX-X_017-S.jpg

http://www.flbusa.com/images/KX250/KX250_011s.JPG

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
FLBusa,
I just did the same 3 weeks ago, got an almost new 02 KX250 except I kept my KDX200.
Tell you what, it's fast and fun so hang on and try to keep from smiling. Betcha Ya can't.

have fun and stay healthy

JD

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
I went the opposite way, from a 99 kx 250 to 2000 kdx 200. The KX was a bear in the tight stuff even with a 9 oz flywheel weight. The stock suspension on the kx was non-complient in the nasties also. It sounds like your kx has all of the necessary modifications to be a good wood weapon. Good luck and post a ride comparison with your kdx.

My kdx has all of the typical modifications and is a much better in the woods than my kx. After riding my friends 03 ktm sx 250, I am considering getting another 250. I really do miss the 250 power.

kx250
kdx 200

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
Junkyard Dog said:
FLBusa,
I just did the same 3 weeks ago, got an almost new 02 KX250 except I kept my KDX200.
Tell you what, it's fast and fun so hang on and try to keep from smiling. Betcha Ya can't.

have fun and stay healthy

JD

Dog...

I've only gotten to ride it around the neighborhood. Man do they hate me now. There was this one long patch of grass that I totally trenched. Now the lawn guys are gonna hate me too. :nener: I did some some low speed testing and below about 5-6k rpm the bike lugs pretty good. I figure with the pipe I had on the KDX it made around 35hp. The KX is around 43 stock... 8 hp more is a considerable increase but not one that I can't accept without getting a big ear to ear grin when I crack the throttle.

FLBusa

May 29, 2003
farcry2 said:
I went the opposite way, from a 99 kx 250 to 2000 kdx 200. The KX was a bear in the tight stuff even with a 9 oz flywheel weight. The stock suspension on the kx was non-complient in the nasties also. It sounds like your kx has all of the necessary modifications to be a good wood weapon. Good luck and post a ride comparison with your kdx.

My kdx has all of the typical modifications and is a much better in the woods than my kx. After riding my friends 03 ktm sx 250, I am considering getting another 250. I really do miss the 250 power.

kx250
kdx 200

farcry...

My old KDX was perfect!!!!!!!!!!! It was (and still is) a really awesome woods weapon. I had that baby dialed in perfect. I sold it to a friend so I can still ride her when we go out together and will this weekend. The main reason why I got the KX was because it was just too good of a deal to let go by. The guy who owned it sunk close to 2000 bucks into her. Only ridden like 10 times and he weighed about the same as me. The suspension is very close to what I had on my KDX. Of course the seat is hard as a rock but... I got the stok seat and might try to mess with the foam so that I have a soft seat and a hard seat. I don't really know what that will buy me but it's fun to experiment. We do have some woods but it's mostly Palmetto palms and pines. There are lot's of really big deep sand whoops where we ride and the KDX was all over the place until I upgraded the suspension. That's where I think the KX will really shine. After all... it's really the terrain that you ride in that determines what the best bike/setup is.

ps... you can definitely expect a ride comparison. Oh... and one of my buddies has a KTM 200EXC so I'll compare it to that as well.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
Nice new ride! Good luck with it!

Best,
Greg

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom