NWetRider

Sep 24, 2004
I found some baseline jetting suggestions for my bike (MXA, Bills Pipes, and FMF) but I have some modifications and I have no idea how this impacts things. Basically I am wondering, for each of the non-stock items, if it makes the bike need richer/leaner jetting and and what throttle position. I know I'll need to dial my bike in but it would be nice to have a good place to start.

99 CR 250
Wiseco piston
Boyseen reeds (the 4 petal ones that replace stock)
FMF Fatty pipe
PC Forestry Approved Quiet silencer
Dual Air filter

The boyseen instructions said bikes will run rich with the reeds. I am unsure about the restrictive silencer. Will it impact the entire RPM range or mainly just top end? The jetting recomendations from FMF were quite a bit leaner then the others so I didn't pay much attention to them. Would the pipe really make that much difference? Will oil-mix ratio make a difference?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
some people go by the fmf jetting techs and some don't. I found the fmf ones were the best out of all the others. I have a weisco piston std bore, fmf fatty pipe, boyesen rad valve and those specs work great from fmf. Couldn't hurt to try them plus the others to see where you fit best. Jetting is pretty easy so you should be able to dial in the correct settings once on the right track.
Oh and i run 40:1 pre mix with Mobile MX2t oil

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom