Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
Ok last year i got a total of about $250. so i'm going by that figure this year too. I was wondering what some goot mods would be for off road but let still good for Mx. I was thinking a TCII s/a, and frame guards. that is about 170 at rockymtnMC.com. What about a skid plate too. Like the one from Utahsportcycle.com. What is something else that would be good? other than those 3 things. should i not get the frame guards and skid plate and get a pipe instead. Maybe a fatty and TC combo or a Rev and TC combo? so which one:

1) TCII s/a, WC Frame Guards, TSC skidplate

2)TCII s/a, FMF Fatty Pipe

3)TCII s/a, FMF Rev Pipe

4) Something else instead of the things mentioned.

P.S.- I ride about 70% trail and 30% MX.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
I ride about the same mix of trail and mx that you do. So, I went with the TCII and the Fatty pipe for a nice overall increase in power instead of just at the high end (rev pipe). I'm real happy with that. Another thing ya might want to look at (I'm researching right now) is an aftermarket reed valve. I hear you can get a couple more horses maybe even on the low end (nice for trail riders) with one of those. I was thinking about the skidplate, but my husband talked me out of it because it adds weight if ya look at the tough metal ones. I'm really small, so added weight really makes a difference to me. I think you're bigger than me, though. 'Just some thoughts.

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
yea i was thinking that too. The only reason i was thinking about the rev is because i like to ride with it wfo. But I catch my self using the same technique as i did on my xr100 sometimes. Like were you go into a turn with low rpms and just gas it instead of pulling in the clutch. Some torque reads wouldn't be bad. Yea i was kinda eary about the skidplate because i don't really need it for mx. I think i might go with the TCII and the Fatty. any one else?

bbilliot

Oct 25, 2002
I put the SST on an 01 KX85 and does it help. Can't keep the front end down from mid to top. Pulls a lot harder now but still has the broad powerband.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Racer,
I like my FATTY/TCII combo on my 250, the pipe really let my motor work the way i like, pulls harder all the way though.. Soon as the weather lets up, i will be trying a SST/shorty combo.. If your interested in reeds, may want too check out the Moto Tassanari delta force II's.. Good luck w/your bike..
RIck

Top Bottom