Darkrocky

Jan 4, 2007
Hi,im Peter from Greece new to this forum :) and i need some help and advice!
To begin with, i first got on a bike at the age of 5 on a yamaha PW 50 brand new and i loved it... still got it for when my brother grows up...we have 13 years age difference lol... its in mint condition so... anyway... after the PW i drove some 50cc scooters that where and are boring in my oppinion :D and 4 years ago i bought a Kawasaki KX 85 2002 model witch i also still have but i feel i have outgrown it and now im looking at getting a KTM SX 125... before you say anything i am a 2 stroke fan and no i dont want a 250 4 stroke or anything... not while im still 16 years old so i think its time to go to the 125cc and id like to ask you if a 2003 KTM SX 125 is a good bike to get or not? i know what your gona say... why not a 2007 or 2006 KTM... well im not good at money at the moment and my dad thinks i should get a car instead and anyway this bike was bought by a rich guy thats 55 years old! and he never even started the engine... the bike still needs to be rode in... and its half the price of a brand new 2006 model so i say go for it... but i got to ask has this bike got nearly the same HP BHP whatever.. as a 2006 model? ive been told that the 2003 and 2004 models are much better than 2005 and 2006... they were also reduced from 6 to 5 gears is that bad? how much do you think the top speed would be on a stock bike like this? and is this the bike for me? im 6feet otherwise 1 meter 82 and 55 kilos otherwise 120ibs... Please inform me as i want to learn :P thanks for reading

john221ex

May 1, 2006
Peter,
From all indications, this would be good for you.
Don't worry about the specs versus a later bike: just learn to ride it well.
As far as top speed on a dirt bike: this is always amusing as in all my years riding and racing, about the only place it mattered was in the desert, and I don' think you have any there.
Have fun!

John

Darkrocky

Jan 4, 2007
well itsmme again... i got the bike... Its like brand new... and its got insane 2 stroke power :) and i made another 500cc street bike a cousin has try and catch up with me on a big straight witch he eventually did... and overtook... but before doing so.. he counted me doing 138km/hour (bike is not stock) :P sprocket is but... ^_^

Top Bottom