Some ******* stole my ride!

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
http://www.h2o2.us/stolen/

Hey all. Someone took my beloved '94 last Saturday. I know there's a lot of people in this group from the Central IL area. I live in Bloomington-Normal right near ISU. Someone came while I was alseep and cut the straps holding the bike to my trailer and carted her off. I live in an Apt so I was always sketchy about having the thing in the carport. Here's the "I'm a dumba$$" part. While I could easily identify the bike in person...I didn't have the bike chained down, I never even whote the VIN of the bike down, and have no title :uh: At any rate, take a look at this link and if you ever run accross her let me know...

The real b1tch is I was taking it to a friends garage where I was going to rent some space the NEXT day!

Thanks all!

Might have to try a perimiter framed ride in the spring....

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
That really stinks man, alot. Stories like this make me glad I live out in the sticks where this stuff almost never happens.
Best of luck with the search.
Jim

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
sorry to hear the news...unfortunately i have leanred the hardway 4 times now! last time was my ramp and stand locked to my truck....they hacksawed through the chain. i had 3 bikes go over the years back in the UK, the last two (87 and 88 cr250) were chained up in a locked garage.

insureance and bigger chains are the key

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I still feel the pain from a similar theft of my bike and a friends bike back in 1985. They got 2 xr250's of the trailer outside our apartment. They were both chained together and to the trailer and never even appeared anywhere near our apartment til that one dreaded night. Our big weekend ride consisted of a trip to the police station with the rest of the evidence (empty trailer).

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
^^^ Clark:

I only have the one pic that's on a website linked at the original post.

Mods were:

*Dented up PC platinum pipe. Stock silencer with black stained plastic on the number plate from previous owners spooge.
*New UFO plastics, with no stickers really(it's mostly green). Some identifiable stickers are UFO stickers at the tips of the fenders. "Magic Racing" Sticker on new UFO headlight housing. "Pipe Dreams" Sticker on Rear Fender. Boyesen stickers on rad should(only stickers here). Alpinestars stickers on the side number plates(no backing).
*only one screw holding left number plate panel on
*cracked rear tailight
*Blue Fredette Chain Guide
*Fredette Shark Fin
*Broken, but still somewhat attached stock rear caliper guard
*new Nstyle seat cover in Gay blue
*cut airbox lid, NOT drilled, NOT removed--I just cut away everything but the area supporting the CDI box--I'd say this is somewhat rare.
*Stock air filter
*new renthal rear sprocket
*missing front sprocket guard
*Stock Dunlop front tire
*Michelin M12 1/2 worn on the back
*Moose Pegs
*Lots of frame wear in the boot area that's been rusted over
*Renthal Bars w/ RED renthal pad
*Clear Acerbis hand guards
*Nstyle Black carbon fiber fork guards (this is a 94 with BLUE kayaba inverted forks)
*White Nstyle front disc guard

I'd say that's about it :) Thanks!!!

-Fuzzy

kdx Clark

Mar 18, 2002
I couldn't get the link to open earlier but its working now. I'll see what I can do. You might want to get the word out at the local riding areas too.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Fuzzy is a good friend of mine and he let me ride this bike all weekend one time. That is what made me decide to buy my KDX and sell the KTM. He is a great guy and anything anyone out there can find out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All!

Please click HERE to view the stolen 94 KDX 200.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom