Sorry about this no choice?

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Ok, just read the memo. Seems fair enough. Got to pay the price to enjoy the benefits, that's how the world works. Im suprised it never took longer.

But one thing I have to question is the avatar issue. How exactly does this work? Okay duh.....I know how it works but I kind of liked the idea that when it was your time, you got it. Just a simple click doesn't seem as cool and it doesn't seem to have that personal touch when thump makes it for you and you know you deserved it :( Maybe im just a wacko, anyways I think it was a good decision for the most part, completly disabling access to members will create a bad environment but just taking away some things will hopefully get them to take the plunge.

I just hope the disabling of PM's won't flood the board with "Hey mikey, you riding tommorow?" LOL

:thumb:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah but you don't get a real fancy avatar 'less yer special :confused:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Dang this avatar is sweet! It looks like a certain part on my new ride :aj:
Still as sweet as it is, as soon as I see someone with it I will have to remove it LOL!

It just takes the elite factor out of it :whiner:

Last edited:

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
ROFL....not at all dude.

Not once, not even going there.

Clear your mind Aaron
Im thinking of happy thoughts, puppies, ice cream, doubles

LOL!

anyways, no. Just stating that it's going to be harder to tell who's who and what not. Just thought that the only people that should have the "little pics" are the people that earned them. No envy, just typing what I think....that's it im walking away.

PUPPIES! ICE CREAM! GREEN FIELDS......DIRTBIKES......4-STROKES....HAPPY THOUGHTS! NOT TALKING ABOUT AVATARS :scream: :scream:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
only people that should have the "little pics" are the people that earned them
That's the point... if they subscribe and help keep this site online for another year ... they did earn it.

Trust me, you won't see 10,000 members with avatars. You'd be surprised just how few will "join", even at $1 a month. Sad, but true. Of 1,100 members online so far today ... 15 have subscribed.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
the few, the proud, the subscribers...

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Good point okie, im going to eat ice cream now and role around in a grass field.

:thumb:

PS. Im not crazy you guys are crazy, hmmm ever think of that? :confused:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CanadianRidr

Im not crazy you guys are crazy, hmmm ever think of that? :confused:

I never had a doubt about myself :confused:

Phillip

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
i kinda like the choice of avatars. heres an idea, can all the avatars for the support team members have the Support Team thing on them? I know it would be a bit extra work, but just an idea.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by dave186
i kinda like the choice of avatars. heres an idea, can all the avatars for the support team members have the Support Team thing on them? I know it would be a bit extra work, but just an idea.

The new avitars are nice and I like them all, but I like mine just the way it is.

Phillip

P.S. Thump, if I ever get voted to have one, please I beg you, don't make it "Lucky" of Lucky Charms Fame. :eek:

Last edited:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by CanadianRidr
PS. Im not crazy you guys are crazy, hmmm ever think of that? :confused: [/B]
Crazy, yes, and I have the papers to prove it :confused:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by IrishEKU

P.S. Thump, if I ever get voted to have one, please I beg you, don't make it "Lucky" of Lucky Charms Fame. :eek:

:eek:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No problem Thumper ... I've got some time, I'll fix'em up :)
The way I built the thing, avatars can be put in categories. Categories can have usergroup permissions assigned. Meaning, the support team versions of the avatars can only be selceted by support team members. Soo..yes, it can be done and has been considered when we developed the thing. It's just a matter of time.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Irish, you have no worries.

Funny how some people just have a knack at sealing their own fate, isn't it? :eek: :) :p

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by RoosteR13

Funny how some people just have a knack at sealing their own fate, isn't it? :eek:

God forgive me for I know naught what I do. ;)

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
He's after my Lucky Charms :scream:

Attachments

• cereal.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 171

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
:)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
:) Here we go, I was wondering how long that would take :)

Phillip

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
This one may be fitting!!! :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…