source for halogen headlight bulb needed

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
on my klx group they say honda xr bulbs work and cost less.i think the headlight assy is the same one on the klx and kdx ?haven't tried it myself but that's what they say

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
You should be able to find a aftermarket bulb, I use one from the local shop that is only rated at 12v 25/25w and costs under $3.00 they are available for some of the ATV guys and the parts guy may have to look through some of the aftermarket books.The parts # on the box is P15D-1 T-19. You might be able to match it up at the local NAPA or automotive store.I have not been able to find one with a rating of 35/35 .My dad has a 88 Kawi 220 Bayou atv that uses the same bulb so they are a common kawi bulb.I do not notice any difference in the brightness of the light and at under $3.00 they seem to last as long as the oem ones.If you have a problem with continuosly blowing bulbs check to make sure the voltage regulator is working or even installed.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I'm in S America, so I need to find something on-line in the USA to have shipped to me. NAPA won't show parts until you enter vehicle data (of a car). John Deere don't sell parts on-line.
I just installed a single filament H3 55W bulb with 1 ohm resistance in series with it. Hopefully it will get me by for now.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
remember me,i looked it up the kdx,klx takes the same bulb.here is what they use to replace it with.good luck Honda part number: 34901-706-000 BLB, H/L 12V25V25W
note: 5 watts less output than stock but $20.00 cheaper

Top Bottom