yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Now that's fatherhood at it's finest moment.:D Think he'll make a good pit tootsie?

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Pit tootsie? We'll see who's the pit tootsie at the team Tejas SF, won't we now!:p BTW...I'll be gone for the next few weeks on vacation, so I won't be on the boards. Don't count me out though...I'll be there fer' sure:) And StevenB, I'm looking forwand to some good samiches';)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Samich requests can be made to...

StevieBerryShortcake@PitSally.com

Try it please... A damn responder was setup and only one person has tried it (that I know of). There should be a fairly quick (within 24 hours) response. If it doesn't work let me know.

Just a little hint... Taraker isn't totally responsible (it was a thought of his that sparked the creation of PitSally.com)! :p

Nominations for member #2 are open. Please provide a resume of the next inductee and a brief description of said inductee that is Kalitically Correct. :eek:

Last edited:

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by will pattison
i would like pimento cheese on lady fingers, if you don't mind, and make sure to include gherkins on the side and a bit of strawberry soda to drink.

wp.

Sorry Will, Tex Dept of Health has Shut me done, Something about the ingredents:p
Taraker, how about some special brownie's that weekend. ;)

Jim

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
July 7 & 8 then

been a while since I've been to Muenster. Where do you guys want to meet? I will probably be heading up there early Sat. morning. Not going to make the campout but will hang around for a while.So far we have:

Stan
XRGuy (Stan's boss)
Yarbonwick
TaRaker
JDRobins
Will Pattison
Jeff D
Slo' Mo
No_Mo (Possible)
YZguy15
Twinspar

StevieBerry Samich Maker (by the way, I placed my order)

any others???

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I typically go in the 2nd gate and head down towards the large open area either by the oil rigs or in the middle. It has some trees and shade structures, but the nice thing is that it is mostly open space so we could all fit in one area.

-jeffd

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I don't know why everybody always wants to park in the Texas sun in mid July. I think jammin lit cigarettes in your eyes is less painful, but maybe it's just me. I understand this area is open, and that's great when you have a couple of thousand people who need to park, but we are a small group so why don't we meet down by the river where all the nice shady tree's & picnic tables are?

Go in the first gate, turn hard right (south) and drive down to the end of the road. There are lots of shade tree's and a cool breeze off the water is this area. Seems to me that on a hot Texas July day that is the best place to be.

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
I don't know why everybody always wants to park in the Texas sun in mid July. I think jammin lit cigarettes in your eyes is less painful, but maybe it's just me. I understand the area is open, and that's great when you have a couple of thousand people who need to park, but we are a small group so why don't we meet down by the river where all the nice shady tree's & picnic tables are?

It doesn't matter when you have a great big "Easy Up" shade structure;)
All that open space makes for a good breeze as well.

It doesn't matter to me...
either place is fine.

-jeffd

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I just like the area down by the river. I think it makes for a cooler day than up on the hill fighting with a easy up that provides 5 sq feet of shade. Also, all the quad jockeys are up on the hill along with the other idiots.:cool:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Oh, and my dad will be there too. Of course he will though, it would be kinda hard to get there without him ;). Yea either place is cool with me too, but since Taraker feels so strongly about that spot under the trees in the corner, but do you mean the part that's over on the right (from coming down the road), where there's a couple trees, or the part that's down kinda in the hole on the left (kinda over where the little building is)? Shouldn't we have some kind of identification so we know that we're going to the right people?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by yzguy15
Shouldn't we have some kind of identification so we know that we're going to the right people?
Look around...if you see someone who isn't talking, it's not Taraker. :p

(With apologies to Mike Baxter and Ken Murphy)

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Ooooohhhh, the gauntlet has been thrown down. I was wondering who moderating this forum anyway, I saw Gomers name but I didn't know he could read. You guys do realize that the little icon thingy's are for Gomer viewing pleasure.;)

Gomer, you would love this little section of woods, has that "Deliverance" theme your so familiar with. :scream:

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Ooooohhhh, the gauntlet has been thrown down. I was wondering who moderating this forum anyway, I saw Gomers name but I didn't know he could read. You guys do realize that the little icon thingy's are for Gomer viewing pleasure.;)

Gomer, you would love this little section of woods, has that "Deliverance" theme your so familiar with. :scream:

Gomer, Man you hit the nail on the head, TARAKER is always saying something, but the answer after working with him is just do like you do with your kids or spouse and TUNE HIM OUT;)

Jim

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
I don't mind meeting you guys on the 8th but I can't do Saturday.

Last edited:

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Hey guys, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Count me in...either day or both days. I had planned to pull my engine down that weekend and send it out for "refreshing" being that there won't be any more enduros until August, but I'll put it off to the following week.

My riding buddy and I rode Muenster last year when the temp was over 100. We rode until I started to get tunnel vision and his nose started bleeding, then we stopped and cooled off for a while... :scream:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by TexXR
Hey guys, sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Count me in...either day or both days. I had planned to pull my engine down that weekend and send it out for "refreshing" being that there won't be any more enduros until August, but I'll put it off to the following week.

My riding buddy and I rode Muenster last year when the temp was over 100. We rode until I started to get tunnel vision and his nose started bleeding, then we stopped and cooled off for a while... :scream:

You can always go jump in the river if you get too hot ;)

I am in for both days. Lord knows I am gonna be one sore puppy come Monday :o

-jeffd

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've been there before...rode those woods with Freddie, Tooner, Uwe, and Baxter...how do you think they got that flavor?

I even tried getting the 620 up on the water out where the creek hits the river. I decided against trying the river crossing when I still couldn't get it to plane in 4th gear pinned.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Is anybody else bringing the little ones? My little brother, whose 8 years old, wants to come, and I was curious if anybody else is bringing the smaller kids.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
very likely

I will be bringing my daughter who is 11. So good chance this will also be family oriented.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Okay, I have it on good authority that jdrobins is the best "Samich Maker" around. Matter of fact, he gave up his ride this past Sunday so he could hang out in the pits & make samiches while the other person rode his bike into the ground.:scream:

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
My wife and kiddos will be starting out their world-tour vacation (of which I will join in on the last week of July) so I will be flying solo for 3 weeks.

I will say that I prefer a "family friendly" atmosphere anyway since that is my modus operandi.

-jeffd

Top Bottom