Spark Arrestor for a 02 KTM Junior Adv.

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
I am trying to find one of these for my daughters bike. FMF makes one for the 65, but none of the 50's. I just got a ticket from an a-hole of a ranger who checked all five of our bikes to find one without it and made me feel like I was the sole contributor to everything form vanishing species to Global Warming!! Nay help would be appreciated.

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
Do a search on the on the topic of spark arrestors. I could swear that there was one on how to make one out of the stock silencer.

KLX Spode

Feb 29, 2000
Thanks for the hint, ktmdad. Unfortunately here in California, they won't accept it unless it's got the stamp on it saying it's USFS approved! Otherwise, I'm sure some stainless steel screen under the stock silencer cap would work fine.
Like I told the "officer" that wrote the ticket: My daughter falling of the bike and it sliding would make more sparks than the tailpipe!

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
You may be able to modify the FMF one for the KTM 65 to fit the 50. Might take a little time.

Also got to KTMTalk.com. There are a lot of 50 owner's on that site that maybe able to help you out.

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Okay, don't laugh! I purchased and installed a spark arrestor for a lawn mower from the local Home Depot. Get the one that is round, about 6 inches long, and made for 8hp or larger lawn mowers/tractors. Most of them have the stamp, and it's an almost perfect fit. You'll have a little work to make it fit, but it only took me about 10 minutes. It works great, but is louder than the stock silencer. No jetting was required, and it passed a recent ranger inspection in SoCal. It's not perfect, but it's the only S/A I've been able to find for these little KTMs and it only costs about 10 bucks. Believe me, I've looked everywhere and nobody makes one for these things.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…