loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
I recently put a new top end on my bike and the motor is acting like it is rich.The Bottom end power isnt as strong as before i changed the the top end while the top seems to pull longer. What confuses me is the spark plug reading. If it was rich i would expect it to be oily and blackish, correct. But it isnt, it is like a gray and very dry. In fact when you run your finger over it barely any soot comes off.

Im not sure quite what is going on.

Any help is welcome.

Jun 28, 2006
Was this plug new and installed with the new top end?? Can you post a picture of the plug?? Did you make a high speed run and hit the kill bottom?? Any other running issues with bike?? Idle?? Midrange hit?? Top end pull?? A lean condition can cause power lost and might lead you to believe it is rich running.

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
I cant seem to get pictures on here for some reason.

Yes i did the run and kill switch method.

Right off idle it doesnt pull as hard. And the top end has a chatter every now and then which some in another thread may be detonation.

So i dont know what is going with it.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
I would recommend richen your main jet one size and then do another run. As far as your bottom end you may need to lean your needle adjustment and install a leaner pilot jet.

Top Bottom