r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Guys, do you remove the tankand fairings to remove your spark pulg or is there an easier way????

Also if I am getting a black plug after low speed work using BR9 should I drop to an 8? Or should I just play with the jetting.

The reason I ask is when doing road riding the plug is SPOT on by after 20 miles on \ off rd the plug was black!

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
I can get my plug out fine with everything on the bike. I use the plug wrench that came with it. It sounds to me like your jetting is off, probably on the lower throttle settings if you are riding in technical terrain off road.

Good Luck,
Mike.

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Cheers mike. I was lucky to get a spark plug let alone a plug spanner with the bike!! What do they look like??

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This anecdotal only: Most 'E' series kdx'ers agree that a '9' is wrong and an '8' is much closer to what it should be.

Don't rejet to an incorrect heat range plug. You're wasting your time.

Considering your bike to be in mechanically sound shape there is NO reason for it to be fouling the correct spark plug. No reason to not run the same plug for over a year regardless of what type of riding you do.

Your reference to the plug being 'black', but with other type of riding 'perfect' brings the assumption that you are looking at the color of the plug to tell you something about whether or not the air/fuel mixture is correct. Plug color doesn't tell you much of anything about that.

Take a read here: !click this! to get a headstart on plug reading; what it is and what it isn't.

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
To get the plug off i use a regular plug socket but i dont use a socket wrench. The plug socket i have has a hex head on the top of it that an open ended wrench fits on.

Top Bottom