potter

Oct 18, 2005
is there certain spark plugs for certain bikes because i went to one place and he had a book and it told you what spark plugs for which bikes but they kept fouling up so we went to another place and they gave another type (ngk br9eix 3981) it worked well in mine but in me palls cr 500 fouled up and in me other palls 250 cr and what ratio do i mix the 2 stroke with i as told to mix 150 2 stroke to a littl chery can which holds 5 liter is that mix alright if u now what im on about :)

AssistSuper

Apr 4, 2005
Pick up a service manual/owner's manual, it will tell you what plugs to run and what ratio to mix.

The rule of thumb for most two strokes is 32:1, it works well for me.

If you're fouling plugs, you may need to fiddle with your jetting.

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Most people run either a BR8ES or BR9ES. You are also going to need to rejet your bike probably. No matter what people say about 2 strokes suppossed to be fouling plugs they are wrong. A properly jetted and maintained 2 stroke will not foul plugs. I have not fouled a plug in my bike since i jettted it, which was about 2 yrs ago.

Usually people mix 32:1 in 2strokes which means 32 ounces of fuel per ounce of oil. So that means 16 ounces of oil per 4 gallons of gas. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
The most common plugs used are: BR9EG for most 125 applications and a BR8EG for most 250 applications. The most common pre-mix ratios are between 32:1 and 40:1.

Here is a recommendation from the NGK web site.
http://www.ngk.com/results_appOther.asp?otherMotiveID=29868&mfid=1

For your bike I would suggest a BR9EG and mix 32:1 with a good quality synthetic 2-stroke oil. (everyone has a favorite) With a clean plug, fresh fuel, repacked silencer and a fresh top end, rejet your bike. You should cure any fouling problems this way.

Here is a good jetting site:
http://ericgorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html

Good luck, Steve

Top Bottom