kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
I am now in the jetting process on a 89 and i have some questions.
-why some people tell me to use a br8es plug instead of the br9es recommended by Kawasaki what will be the difference?(I now 8 is hotter but…)
-why 89 200 came with a 158 main jet and 90to94 came with 150 main?this is the same bike and engine…
-why I am French-canadian? Euh…
thank you.

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
I changed from a 9 to an 8, I ride tight trails and the 8 definately stays cleaner. I might see full throttle for a 2 or 3 second burst at a time then its on the binders.
I do the same in the RD 8 in town 9 highway.
I don't bother with the resistor plugs I use straight B not BR in the KDX. You can get them at Canadian Tire by the box if you ask.
Go Habs! Leafs suck wish Ottawa won!

Bizerk

Feb 28, 2004
http://www.NGK.com

Resistor

At the moment the spark jumps the gap it causes a high frequency burst of energy, this is known as RFI')">RFI (radio frequency interference). This is why resistor spark plugs were introduces in the mid 1960's. Placing a resistor within the spark plug suppresses the RFI')">RFI. Without resistor plugs in your car you can experience static on your radio as well as interfere with other sensitive electronic equipment. Some later model vehicles as well as newer Powersport engines must use resistor plugs for a proper "talkback" to the electronic ignition. Outboard marine Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) such as used on some Johnson and Evinrude marine engines require a special inductive type resistor ( as used in NGK Z-type spark plugs). Use of non-inductive resistor type plugs on these motors can cause misfire and poor performance.

Last edited:

kdxquebec

Mar 16, 2002
I wish Nordiques will win the cup!

I will try the br8es for sure and do some plugs chop to look.thank you for the info. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom