rjl250

Oct 18, 2004
My bike is giving me some major spark problems. I've all ready changed out both the stator and the pickup coil. I'm getting less voltage than the manual says I should, but the guy at electrex says that's because my meter measures constant voltage instead of peak. I'm getting over 400 volts before the ignition coil like I should be, so my question is this. The only thing in between the CDI and spark plug is the ignition coil. To me it seems like that is the next logical choice. Unfortunantly I'm not very savy about electrical systems on dirt bikes. I have no idea what a regulator/rectifier does. Could that be the problem? Is there anything else about what gets sent into the ignition coil that I could test besides pure voltage? I hate to spend even more money on parts if it still won't work. I just blew a lot on xmas. My bikes been down for a while and I'm really anxious to get back in the saddle. Thanks :bang:

yz_racer

Dec 24, 2004
the stator and pickup coil has to be in the right place for it to get the right spark if it is just a little out of place it will affect it a pretty good bit. good luck!

Top Bottom