KrackerRacin

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 5, 2002
On my bike when i check for spark by holding it to somthing grounded i can see any spark. i know the plug is grounded when i do this . but when i hold on to the plug it shocks the hell out of me? what could this be, Stator possibly?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I would say either a bad ground or fouled plug. if you are tounching the plug to the head make sure the head isn't painted. Also check that a motor mount is nice,clean ,good electrical connection.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
if you are getting zapped you are making electricty. whether you have enough I am guessing the question is at this time.

make sure all electrical connections are clean and tight including the grounds. temporarily disconnect the kill switch, wheel the bike into the shade or somewheres dark.Most spark plug leads on bikes that I know of screw into the coil and the cap screw onto the other end make sure that they are tight ,check for spark with a known good plug<start up the lawnmower if it runs steal that plug for the time being if you have to>.

what was your original problem? where are you trying to ground the plug? is the bike new with a cdi or older with points? a little history on the bike ,you and what you have to work with might help us help you.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom