RebelBanshee

Aug 18, 2007
I may be picking up a '01 CR250. I read about jetting troubles with the mikuni carb, and replacing it with the '00 keihin PWK.

I already have a 38mm Keihin PWK airstriker that i bought for my TRX250R along with a pile of jets. However I'm under the impression that there are two different lengths of these PWK airstrikers. I am unsure what mine is. anyone know the length of he CR carb? Also what is the slide number and needle used for the CR?

Thanks alot!

allthingsdirt

Jun 6, 2007
Sorry I can't help you with the specs on the PWK carb. But I can tell you that the TMX carb isn't that hard to get jetted properly.

All I've done is swap out the s-9 nozzle for an s-7 ($20.00) and go one size leaner on the pilot jet and that has made a world of difference for the bike.

If the price is right you should definitely pick up the '01 cr250. It's an awesome bike. :cool:

Cheers

RebelBanshee

Aug 18, 2007
Im most interested in potentially doing the swap because I already have the carb, have a buttload of jets, and know the carb pretty well.

Thanks for the link, looks like i should be able to find what i need there :cool:

Top Bottom