Speed broadcast of Steel City - Breast cancer support

samham

Nov 22, 2002
My wife was diagnosed with Breast cancer in June 09. It was caught early and she is nearly 1/2 thru her chemo treatments. Both she and I are big mx/sx fans. Prior to Steel City, I read some press that the event was going to be "The race to cure Breast cancer". So the wife and I sat on the couch the other nite to watch Speeds broadcast of the event, and not one word out of anyones mouth about breast cancer, the courage these women have and the wonderful support groups they have. Erin had on her pink shirt and wrist band, there were painted pink ribbons on each side of the monster energy logos which was pretty cool. You could tell some of the riders were showing support in various ways. But not a single word of recognition, let alone support from the broadcast crew. Speed has been our our SH%# list for various reasons, now you could say they are permanetly etched on the SH%# list. :yell:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Maybe an email to SPEED to express your displeasure would get them to clue everybody in the next time they promote something like that.

Well wishes to your wife!

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Thanks for the well wishes, I will pass them along to my wife. Her amazing attitude has been a blessing! And yes a note to speed is next,,, the flame here was to blow off some steam before I have to put on the constructive feedback hat and craft my email to speed. (and to share in our love/hate feelings about those that broadcast the sport we love). P.S. And I would have thought with all that David Bailey has been thru with his paralysis, and the support everyone has showed him over the years, he would have found someone to bring this up. Maybe it was a speed thing, who knows!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm a cancer survivor, I know what she's going thru. It's very hard. But it's not impossible.

I also don't get Speed. It's almost as if amateurs are running the broadcast. Remember Redbud last year and this year? Laracco's leap was renamed "Parking lot jump & Uphill Triple" last year and "Lucas Oil Jump" this year. According to the story in the newest RacerX, that was a broadcast error.

Minor complaint, however, piled on with all the other BS they do, it's become rather clear that they have no idea what they're doing.

Countless emails to Speedtv from me have gone unanswered, and apparently ignored.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
If someone influential at Speed had been through what you and your wife have, things most likely would have been said, or at least acknowledged.
Some of us are oblivious until we've "been there, done that". Sad but true.
Sad to hear, go give the wifey a hug... ;)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Every article I have read on the web mentions the Race to Cure Breast Cancer theme and have pink pics included. Speed just dropped the ball as usual.
The happenings at the track did raise $20,000 for the cause. MX rules and Speed TV drools
Good luck to your wife :cool:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
IndyMX said:
You mean you missed Fro's incoherent babbling?

Shame on you.

Yup went racing instead and forgot to set the dvr, I'm sure I'll grab the torrent at some point. Heard it wasn't his finest day in the booth.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Chili said:
Yup went racing instead and forgot to set the dvr, I'm sure I'll grab the torrent at some point. Heard it wasn't his finest day in the booth.

He was his old self.. Stumbling all over his tongue, talking out of his a$$.. Nothing new.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
Email sent to speed about a week ago,,,asked for at least an acknowledgement of receipt.....and hopefully some insight into the omission. Nothing received, don't really expect to hear anything, but had to try none the less. Have a good day all.

Top Bottom