Speedbleeders & Carbon fiber skid plate

lime away

Feb 8, 2000
Has anyone tried a set of speedbleeders and if so, what do you think. I'm also trying to find a carbon fiber skid plate for my '99 200. Does anyone know if and where there is one available?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
What's a speedbleeder? (It's been 15 years and I don't recall hearing about them back then)

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I have speedbleeders on my forks and they are awesome. I keep about 4-5 KX-KDX bikes at my house at all times (with 2 kids) and I was always replacing fork seals (even though I loosened the screws and bled of the air after each ride).

What I have found with speedbleeders is that the forks actually load up with air pressure just sitting in the carport. Each day or so, I simply walk by the bikes and release the air instantly, without any tools. I haven't replaced any fork seals since. Regarding skid plates, I would save the money and buy aluminum, although the carbon fiber is nice. You can't go wrong with either one.

JCW

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…