css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Ok, now i need some help with finding pipe guards and skid plates. I can get a carbon fiber pipe guard but not the skid plate and I don't want it mixed up so I guess I'll go with all aircraft aluminum. I want something thats protects good, looks good and I don't wanna look like this :bang: trying to install it. Any advise and maybe links so I can look at it would be appreciated.

Thxs
Elf

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I have a Devol aluminum pipe guard for the stock pipe. The former owner of my 200H gave me the pipe and guard when I bought the bike. An FMF -30 was on the bike when I bought it...so I've never used the stock pipe or guard. It doesn't look all that substantial and has some minor dings in it. It does slightly stand off of the surface of the pipe so I guess it can take some minor dings without transferring them to the pipe. I'm using Fredette fiberglass guards on both my -30 and -35 pipe (they are painted black) and they work fantastically. They are quite substantial and relatively inexpensive (around 50-some dollars, if memory serves). They will fade the paint some if you get them good and hot, but you can easily repaint them with some longer lasting high temp paint. I highly recommend them.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
My Moose Pipe Armor is still holding up well, and believe me I test it every time I go out!

:yikes:

Attachments

• armor.jpg
    armor.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 308

Colorado Mike

Jun 28, 2004
Ditto on the moose. I just bashed my bike pretty hard into a boulder yesterday, and there's a scrape on the pipe guard, but no damage to the pipe. I also had just put on my Tusk bar guards and they did great protecting my hand and brake cylinder. The plastic is pretty rough now, but the aluminum held strong. Wish I could say that about my ribs.

Mike

Top Bottom