Spinning Tank Nut

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I went to remove my radiator shroud this weekend and one of the pressed-in nuts in the tank spun. I can drill out the bolt that holds the shroud in place, buy how do I stop the nut from turning? Looking at the part diagram, the nut appears to be integrated into the tank so there isn’t a replacement number.

Luckily I have a spare tank from my parts bike (it’s in better shape than the original) but I’d like to repair the original tank.

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
Search the forum for this subject. There was a recent post from someone who solved this problem.

ChuckyBoy

~SPONSOR~
May 2, 2002
Here's the recent thread. http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=83111

One of my brass fittings is spinnng too. Between spinning fittings and cracked filler necks, I have had enough with the OEM KDX tanks. Been through three of them! I wonder if the new black 03 tanks have had any of these same problems.

It's a wonder why Clarke Mfg. doesn't make an OEM style replacement tank for the 95 - 03 KDX's. Seems like alot of these tanks have gone south. Hmmmmm?

Later,
Chuck

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks. Now I'm real glad I bought the parts bike!

I'll install my back-up tank and on some very boring winter night, I'll try to repair it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…