splitting case, should I replace all bearings?

skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
I'm splitting the case, usually I replace all bearings through out the cases for all the shafts, shifter drumb, etc. Is this what most people do or do you just leave them alone and only change the mains? They have some miles on them considering it's a 92. Local dealer is saying they don't unless visible issues. Just wondering what works for others.

tyler_43

Jun 22, 2007
I don't... maybe if I was to keep the bike for a long while or the bearings were obviously screwed.

tough call though if it's a '92, my buddy lost his entire tranny on his '98 kx125 last week due to a bearing.

skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
Yeah I always changed them in the past since I was in there anyways. For the cost of bearings vs time to fix later, I don't see any reason to change my ways now. Piece of mine I guess.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
oldguy said:
As long as you are in there already replace them even if you do not plan to keep the bike wouldn't it be great to honestly tell the buyer it is really rebuilt right.

Do it, there cheap and it's already apart.

skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
Yeah I just bought the machine and plan on keeping it so I'm doing it right (although I would regardless if I was keeping it or not). I'd just like to know exactly what I have instead of guessing and hoping things will hold up when I'm in th woods.

It's actually a 92 quadracer :yikes: for the sole purpose of taking my 3 yr old for some rides this summer. I'd hate to break down with him miles from the house :(

Thanks..

Top Bottom