Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I'd like to come, but it's a pretty far drive. about 6-7 hrs I believe? And my family doesn't understand my desire to drive great distances to ride :(

Jeremy

cmott

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2001
I would like to give it a try, its only about an hour away from me. The only thing is my bike. It is an XT350. What kind of conditions is there? Would I be laughed at with a Dualsport bike?

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Laughed at?!!!

I don't think so. :) I don't remember if there were dualsporters out there or not but what the heck, it's all for a good fun time anyways.

It is a 7 mile +/- loop through a somewhat rocky field and around the SX track. There is a pretty good whoops section, table top and some other typical SX jumps on the track but the rest of the trail is pretty easy. They paint the big rocks orange for us usually. Being a trail rider, the track is my slow section cause air scares me!

I think we made something like 12 laps (total for Karl & I) in the three hours this past spring and it rained allllll day. There are some pretty good riders out there and some kids and some spodes. I've done it twice and had a good time both times, except the crash on my last lap last time. Oh well, I had kept my handlebars straight for too long anyways.

6-7 hours, that's nothing!!! Says the spoiled woman that usually doesn't travel to ride. Now that I think about it, weren't you the one that took FC22 on the ride that did in her knee, Jeremy? :scream:

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
bbbom- Ya, that was me. Too bad she's out for 6 months or so. I really liked riding with her. At least her time out is during the winter season.
It's not so much that the drive is too long for me, but it my wife wouldn't go. And she wouldn't want me to leave her alone for the weekend. Especially to race. I'll try to see what I can do. I would have to get a day off of work (Saturday) to make it, so that's another hurdle.:( But, maybe if someone over here goes I could tag along........

cmott- The last hare scramble I was at had quite a few guys riding OLD bikes. Some of them were well used too. But it doesn't really matter because most of the people out there are there to have fun. I believe there were people on dual sports too, and there wasn't a dual sport class.
Jeremy

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
You all have fun. It's a great race and I'm really upset I can't make it.

WIll there be snow? I talked to Todd W today and he said it's 34 and expecting snow! :eek:

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
:) I'm planning on being there! Going to be on my new green machine too.

Should be a good test for my healed up arm...my friends say i'm not supposed to crash and fracture it again. I think could be good advice. :confused:

FC I hope you can make it up to say hi and watch :)

There is snow in the forecast for Tuesday, I don't think it will stay for long...It's not supposed to snow until November!

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Woohoo, Dirtygirly & Stinker are coming. :cool:

cmott, sign up is 9:30 - 10:30 am, rider's meeting at 10:45 and racing from 11:00 to 2:00. Entry fees: Admission $6.00 under 5 is free plus $30.00 per rider.

I suggest you get there early because the line at the entrance gate gets long and moves slow.

For more info, click on the link in my first post that says "Scare Scramble Info".

FC22, wish you could make it. Can Dirtygirly borrow your purple coat so I have someone to follow back to the pits after I crash? :eek:

Hawaii-Rider

Feb 24, 2001
Need to break in the 'Berg somehow.......

Hey BBOOOOM..... if the CR500 isnt enough you can ride my 650!!!
:p
just have to figure how long to get to Spokane, drive doesnt bother me.
Will Check the calender.....
hmmmmmm

HR

:cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Bring a long-handled screwdriver for after the race . . . you will need it to chip all that mud off your bike before you pressure wash it. New tires are a must!!! That mud is worse than Washougal mud.

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
I'll see you there. Should be a big motorhome, and old Blue. I know dirtygirly is planning on riding. I hate mud. Might have to race the quad class :)

Dirtygirly

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2000
OOh a purple jacket would be very nice and warm :) I gotta get one of those, keeps your riding gear clean underneath too.

I like mud when it is in the form of a big puddle. ;)

Hope its sunny on race day.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I wish I had a bike. I've never raced before, since joining DRN it sounds like a lot of fun and good times!
Maybe next year:scream:

Good Luck

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
6 to 7 HRs.?

You do mean there and back I hope:confused: wish I could be there but will be at AX in Yakima or Abbottsford with Jon226 have fun:(

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom