Myke

Aug 23, 2002
i want to start racing by next summer. im alright now, but i want to make sure im good enough to win

do company's sponcer beginner, or lower-class'd riders? i will be 15 by then, and plan to start with some hare-scrambles, then move up to mx

so could anybody with some sponcers give me some info, on like what they do for you, what you do for them. how you got them, what there requirements where and all that good stuff

thanks abunch!

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Start by learning how to spell sponsorship...then think of all the ways you can get a sponsors name out to the most possible people. Finishing consistantly good is also important. You don't want to come across as a prick or someone who justs wants a ride. Give to recieve.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
As long as you are giving spelling lessons you might want to give one to yourself and fix your signature line. :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
along with "consistently" and "receive".............:thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I was hoping he'd figure those out on his own :)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Ooooops. My bad Rich. I got this damn spellur in my hed and eye can't stop...........

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
But Milk wasn't the guy begging for the cash. ;)

And then there is this part:

"start with some hare-scrambles, then move up to mx"

He must think that hare scrambles are just a little trail ride. Oh, to be young and ignorant. :yeehaw:

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Great fella’s. Way to go! Chastise that fourteen year old! Yaa! Perhaps constructive criticism would be more helpful for a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD! You guys sound like my 60 year old 2nd grade teacher on a rainy Monday. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Myke---Strong finishes and solid character. That will take you a long way, sponsors or not.

T

Last edited:

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Myke: To get any type of sponsor as a beggining racer will be very difficult. There are many accomplished local racers who never get much support. At your stage, I'd say your best bet is going to be friends, family, or somebody you know who happens to own a business. Or if you get in good with your local dealer, you might get a slight discount.

Industry sponsors are going to be looking for some kind of track record (i.e. solid results) and a plan of how you will give them exposure. You don't have to be the next RC to get a sponsor, but you've got to show them a return for their dollar.

My advise: Drum up what you can now from friends, family, etc. and get at least a year's worth of race results before spending too much time approaching potential sponsors. Most of all, have FUN and good luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom