sponsership in the uk is it realy there

ray.skinner

Aug 3, 2002
hi i am trying to get help in the uk can any one give me some advise ,i finnished 2nd in british finals last year. my local dealers arnt interested but i here so many riders a lot slower than me get it {well they say they do}i would like to do this for a job at 16 .im sure with the right help i could make it. my dad does his best but we live on our own i have no mum and works but mx is a strugle to buget .any advise would be great thanx

sprtstrhead

Sep 10, 2002
I am originaly from Manchester you might want to try contacting BEL-VU Racers it is a club in Manchester they might be able to put you in contact with some of the MX clubs back home.

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I sponser a guy. He rides my Honda CRF100. His parents have a Yamaha YZ85 for him. I looked for a smart kid that could ride. He had to have control over temper tantrams, he needed to be kean and eager (riding a 4 stroke against 85's), he had to be willing to listen and put it into practice, he had to be positive, polite, no big head, good presentation, clean and tidy gear etc, willing to look after the bike a bit, supportive parents but not pushy and overbearing, was MX mad but had a life outside of MX and a reasonable resume. I found a 12 yo that fitted the bill and I am very happy with him. He gets a fully maintained bike, free parts, help with gear and entries paid. I found him. Thats the biggest hint. I FOUND him so think about what YOU can do for the sponser and how you present yourself in front of others. Remember a lot of kids think a free sticker is sponsership. I like to think of it a killer deals on bikes, good prices on parts, helpful dealer, good trade connections and either me or my riders saying thanks and meaning it and that includes my boy. You might already be doing / getting that.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom