riverside

Aug 17, 2001
Looking for some inside info on the Spring Mud Fling at Airway Heights. I am planning on coming over with a group from Tri-Cities Saturday and spending the night there at the track. I am wondering about the RV parking they say is available there. Anyone been out there? I am just worried about not getting a spot and being forced to camp elsewhere. Also any insight on the race such as terrain on the course etc. would be greatly appreciatedsince I have never been out there.

Thanks,
Michael :thumb:

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Michael,

I don't think there would be any problem getting a spot to camp, they have hookups & stuff available but from the couple times we did the Mud Fling, not many people camp. Everyone pretty much arrives Sunday morning.

As far as the race course, it's about a 7 mile loop and covers the MX track (which has been detuned apparently to make it safer and not so intimidating) then heads out across some rocky fields. Pretty wide open, nothing too tough except that pesky mudbog along pit row.

It's pretty dry over here currently, we haven't had any rain or snow for the past couple weeks other than a few really short showers so it will probably be pretty dusty.

My son will be doing his 4th Mud Fling with his buddy in the 80's class. Doubtful that Karl & I will be riding but we will pit for the boys and my little girl if she decides to do the peewee race.

All the info is here and if you want to know more about the camping call the number listed on the webpage:

http://www.extmotorsports.com/hairscramble.htm

Normally it's pretty wet & muddy but it looks like that won't be the case this year.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The terrain is flat and wide open. It's a high speed race. There's some ditches they have you drop into sometimes, and some rocky sections that bounce you around, but there's nothing truly challenging about the course except going fast (always my problem lol)

I'll be missing it unfortunately since my bike is in pieces right now. Otherwise I'd be all over it. I'd offer to team with ya Lori but I'm not sure about the five hunney . . .

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom