Roost165

Nov 18, 2002
I have a 03 RM125 which comes stock with far stiffer springs than I (130lb w/ gear novice) need. I was wondering if it would be very difficult for me to replace the springs on both shock and forks myself. I've changed tires and tubes before many top ends, powervalves, clutches, jetting, and I am looking to expand my knowledge into suspension. Is this a difficult area to get into. I know for suspension guys springs are pretty basic. I just don't wanna get to far in over my head and mess something up.... Badly. I don't have any special tools as far as suspension goes.

viking20

Sponsoring Member
Aug 11, 2002
You should do it yourself,its not hard at all.Ive never had an rm myself,but surely youve got a manual that explains how to do it,along with the bike?I really cant think of anything that could go horribly wrong.....Loosen the locknuts on the shock spring before removing the shock,also loosen the fork caps on the fork legs before removing them from the triple clamps.Be sure to torque the bolts on the forks to specs....if you dont have a c-spanner for the lock rings on the shock,you can use a punch/screwdriver and a hammer!

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
Just be sure you bottom the fork cap onto the rod before you tighten the jam nut or the forks will not be the same length. The Suzuki manual is pretty good about that.

Top Bottom