Dan B.

Sep 7, 2002
I put a 52t rear sprocket on my YZ250f and it seems like the chain is too short. I have the wheel all the way up on the adjusters and it appears to be short by few inches. It is a stock chain (111 links + master link about 71"long). Is this a typical problem? Do I have to buy a new chain and if so what length do aftermarket chains come?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
You can buy chains up to about 120 links I think. Then you can put it on the bike with the new sprockets and mark how many links you must remove. Then use a chain breaker, or grind away tapered part of pin but not suggested, and then you have a chain that fits, and you can take the rest of links and make them into a sweet key chain.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
chains come in many different lengths according to what you need. When you buy them, you will see a number like 116, 118, 120 etc, this is the # of links. If you went to a larger sprocket, you will need to get a longer than stock chain.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
If your chain is in good condition, you can add a extra link or two and run two master links. Not a big deal. :thumb:

Top Bottom