dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Yes, it does I made mind for $4.00 two muffler clamps and angle alliuimun from work the src is to pricese , be sure to notch you fender , and you may need to buy a fender brace or make one. You can tell a big differance in the steering and when you in ruts less fork flex. HOPES this helps.

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
dixie,
I am curious now as to how you went about making your fork brace. It sounds a lot better than paying $250! Do tell, much appreciation :)
Thanks

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
I have posted this be for, take 2 muffler clamps 2 & 1/2 inch. and a peiace of allumiun or steel angle notch out drill hole in metal torq very littly 3-4 inch lbs. notch out fender, make fender brace or buy one just look at how the summers brace is, It took maybe 2 hours to make you would be suprise what a vice , drill, jig saw, hack saw, & file will do if you put your mind to it. The bolt on stuff may look real cool, but what you make you can take pride in & also save a ton of cash so you can go Harescrambling or buy that luxary steering damper.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The 2 muffler clamps will not be a strong as the SRC unit. Nor will it have the seal boots and fork gaurds. Does it work? Dont know.

I have used the SRC unit on my previous XR600. Worked great! Onroad the bike cornered much sharper and offroad ruts were not a problem anymore. It really did help that bike. Worth all the $200 I spent on the unit.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
I just purchase a SRC fork brace for my 96' kdx200. I havent seen it yet, I ordered it and its in the mail. I'll let you all know what i think when i test it out but im sure i will love it. Those fork guards that make your forks look USD are sweet and dont come with the fork brace kit nor does the skins. $139.00 bucks for the guards(could be wrong tho). There sweet looking.. Those are coming to me too. I already have seal savers so im good to go. My 96' is SWEEETTT with all the mods. Only 3 mods left for me to do and ill be tight. 225cc kit, bigger bore carb and a scotts damper(of course).. By winter ill have it all.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Oh i forgot,, I need a better clutch. Im gonna try springs for a easy fix for now but i will have the whole basket and everything from Hinson. Anything else i need???

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
SOME of you guys are a bunch of dopes and jar heads, My mod works fine, maybe even better than SCOTTS. It's been on and off for fork service since I made it in 95. Go ahead ,Spend that money, Make old Scott rich. The fork brace is nothing new .Look on some of the old street bikes that have been around for thirty to forty years. Yes, I have a few of the aftermarket Goodies , But when there's a chance to make it ,then do it. Most are very simple to make. One day when I have More Time to deal with you sorry -------- Money craze yuppies, I May Post ALL OF MY HOME MADE MODS. I was Happy when I Found this web site, but I have been Kinda Dissapointed with the SHALLOW RESPONSES I've received.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
DIxie,Dixie,Dixie. Ive read this before and talked to a couple that have did it. Ive also seen pics of your little blue light special mod. IM NOT PUTTING HOSE CLAMPS ON MY FORKS! The people i have talk to at the races say the cheap way works but nothing like the real thing. Yea its prolly easy and your not the only one thats did this. Ive seen it done a long time ago. If you seen my bike, it deserves better then a back in the woods, corn bread fed mod that you have conjured up. As far as stupid goes,,,, Try E-bay my friend! I bought the Summers fork brace and the summer fork guards for $70.00 total...........Yea right,, im an idiot. Maybe before you open your mouth thinking people arent as smart as you cause they dont, or simply wont do the mod you suggested, Maybe just say your peace and leave it alone. People will respect you alot more and you might get better responses to problems you might have later in the future. Thats what burns me,, Youve told us this mod before yet you insist on cramming it down everyones throats till we swallow. Maybe we dont wanna do it your way. Some of us have money, We work hard! And remember, We dont know you and you dont know us so back off, theres no need to call people names. Simply give info. and clam up!

RIRider

Sep 16, 1999
You are right though that they charge an arm and a leg (fork braces, steering dampers, knee braces, etc). If they lowered their prices I'm sure they would sell mega units instead of sitting on them and waiting for somebody to blow their wad.

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
This is true, And do you think i would pay full price! Well i didnt. Thats the reason i got the crap is cause it was cheap. $259.00 for fork brace and $139.00 for the fork guards for $70.00 total,, com on, of course i bought the stuff. But no one needs to assume who i am because of what i buy Even if i payed full price, who cares.. If you dont like what you read, dont post and leave. Its that simple! This is a site of information for people who care to read and take what they can and leave information. Nothing more, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom