Bill_yz

Jun 18, 2001
When you are standing through a turn, is your weight equal on the pegs? Knees tight on the bike? Leaning forward, back or neutral?I'm talking about a flat turn that you can take at a pretty good pace but does not have a berm.... Thanks, Bill

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
WARNING: this advice is from a novice...

on flat turns when i stand:

i stand neutral if the soil is stable, but if its more surface sandy, i lean forward.

wait until someone good gives you a reply cuz i suck =]

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I weight the inside peg to initiate the lean, then switch to the outside peg thru the corner while trying to stay as vertical as possible. How far forward depends - generally, further forward if I want the rear to slide. No leaning back though. Knees? Gripping with the knees doesn't work for everybody, in fact some of the fastest guys I've seen hardly let their knees touch the bike at all. Someone who uses that technique should be able to help there, if you like to use your knees :).

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I don't hold the bike with my knee's. I hold on with the side of my boot's. I will grab at the bike with my knee's for whoop's to make a suspension affect. I Like the technique and is not as hard on you. Well it doesn't seem as hard on you.
CRG

Last edited:

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
I'm learning this myself. So far I agree with Bud, though I find a little more stability when I press my outside knee into the tank. Otherwise I have a hard time staying neutral, without a death-grip on the bars.

XR4 Jockey

Apr 11, 2001
I lean the bike in the direction of the turn, scoot up a bit, and squeeze the frame guards with my legs. I try to keep myself fairly straight up on the bike to keep the center of gravity, well, in the center. Sometimes I turn the wheel very slightly in the opposite direction of the corner, kinda like circle track but no means that much.....Good luck

Top Bottom