OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If your controls are set in the attack position,then standing should not be an issue....
How the heck do you set the throttle to attack position?

My trouble is that I can't hang on to the bars and operate the hand controls simultaneously, or squeeze with legs and knees whilst operating the foot controls. :bang:

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Stand if you can. I rode pretty much non-stop from 7-8yrs. old until I was 18 and by 14 or 15 I stood the majority of the time! I was off from bikes from 18 until I was about 26 and got back on the bike. This was four years ago and I have developed some major league problems with basic riding technique. My bad habits developed from being lazy and not being in good shape. It seemed much easier to sit and encounter obstacles than to stand and attack them. Also, I agree with what some are saying about the lever, shifting, throttle and brake combos being hard to get used to while standing. You need to adjust your bars forward and your levers down to get your wrist and arms in the proper alignment. Having your bars forward and your levers down will also affect your seated arm position. You will find it easier to keep your elbows up while sitting if you have your bars and controls set up for standing. Keeping your elbows up will help your corning and basic maneuvering. Also adjust your foot shifter and brake pedal so they are comfortable/effective while standing. I am still carrying my lazy sit too much habits around but I am trying to change them. I know that standing will allow you to be smoother and more in control of your bike from past experience. Everything seems difficult or unnatural until you get used to what you are trying to do. Be conscious of your habits and make every attempt to stand. Good luck. :cool:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
See how much you can ride laying two fingers out on the levers! This year is the most I have rode/raced in a longggg time. 4t's help my lazy,error prone butt faster! When I jump it is very hard letting the bike flow through the air,I prefer it on the ground,asap! The 250 and 450f's can really haul through corners not sitting! 20 degree clamps help a ton,on the 450 I can square up inside 125's! If your suspension is not set for you then you are fighting an up hill battle. Guys can figure all kinds of techniques to compensate,to a point. There is still no love like new tires! Maybe I will get some sticky dunlops for my birthday!

Top Bottom