Star Wars - 2, attack of the clones

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Just watching the news, they predict employers to lose over an estimated $300 million because of workers playing hookie tomorrow!!! crazy...they act like it is a national holiday...
I have heard from reviews that this movie hicks the butt out of all of the 4 prior movies...
If that is so, then Episode 3 will be the best when we get to see the Vadar era began....
Sorry, Geek mode off now!! :ugg:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I've got it on Divx, its not to bad. Graphics are awesome, special effects are killer. I wonder if I should go down to the theatre and sell VHS copies to the people waiting in line :p :p :p

Jh85

May 17, 2001
Hucker your evil :p

I wonder how long they camped out for their tickets :eek: :confused:

I saw the Phantom Menace and I wasn't that impressed......

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Oh come on now, I can't be the only one that saw it last night!
I saw it last night or a err this morning 12:03 AM showing. Great movie awsome special effects. Now I know why Darth Vader was so disgruntled.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I saw it yesterday, I've been a very passionate/die hard fan for years! (yes I'm a geek).

While I thought the movie was decent, the acting was pretty bad and the writing was weak. Dialouge is not one of Lucas's strong points.

As far as the FX, they were awesome, but I'm not overly enthused with the CGI characters, To me (just my opinion) they are still too, two dimentional. (Same with Spider-Man, just does not have the weight or presence to make me believe they are flesh and blood)

I'm glad they tied up some loose ends, particularly on Tatooine, but You never really "Hate" the new bad guy "Dooku" although the Yoda stuff was great! The whole R2/C-3PO bit was just too over the top (this scene is the "Jar-Jar" of the second movie, hard core fans will hate it, kids love it.

IMO, the problem with the new series is that you don't "feel" for the characters like you did for Luke, Han and Leia. We felt like we knew them, like they were old friends. The new crop of characters are just to flat. Although I'll see it again just to watch Natalie Portman! Yummy.

Rod

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Well it looks like I may be the biggest geek around. I saw the 12:01 am showing, then saw it again at 9pm last night. I'm going again tonight, but first we're getting tickets for Saturday and Sunday too. :eek:

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
It's too early for me to rank this with the originals - but I enjoyed it completely. I have a feeling I'll be seeing it again very soon! :)

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
rodzilla
I am with you 100% on the characters in the new series... you almost dont care about them. They definitely arent Luke, Han or Chewie. I thought episode 2 was far better than episode 1, the CG stuff was great, there was plenty of action, and yes, I loved the Yoda scene. Looking forward to Episode 3!!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
or does yoda sound like fozzy bear from the muppets? i cracked up everytime he opened his mouth. i just kept looking for kermit and miss piggy. then i swear he went ninja turtle on dooku at the end. that was cool. kinda like john dowd whipping up on james stewart. yea, i liked the movie. good special effects and such. nothing will surpass the original though.

ps dont be so hard on those who skipped work to see it. i know a bunch of us would play hookie to go ride. as a matter of fact, there were a bunch of us that did just that after the dallas sx :)

Last edited:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
We're all being played. Yoda, as a matter of fact, does NOT need that walking cane!! :eek:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
After being dragged to Episode I (thank Budda that there are bars in the theatres in NV) I have no desire to see II or III. The first three are much more entertaining in my eyes. Plus that Han Solo guy was a looker. :)

bud

Jun 29, 1999
I think I like you d, 'cept for that last bit :).

The first SW meant a lot to me. It had the perfect balance of story with cheese and humor. I saw some horrible "digitally" edited version recently. To me the effect was similar to someone grafiti-ing the mona lisa.

The following 2 were ok, the last two just shrug worthy. Imo :D.

canucklehead

Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by tx246
or does yoda sound like fozzy bear from the muppets? i cracked up everytime he opened his mouth. i just kept looking for kermit and miss piggy.

The voice of Yoda is Frank Oz (someone correct me if I'm wrong), who is the same guy who does a few characters on the Muppets/Sesame Street. Think of Grover - it's the same voice!

Still haven't seen the movie, but who can afford it these days. It's $13.50 for a movie at a good theatre up here in Alberta.

Dave

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It's $13.50 for a movie at a good theatre up here in Alberta

That's what, like $2:eek: :scream: :)

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I thought it was lightly entertaining. But it was not at all engaging. Plus I don't really follow all of the political story, who's who, whatever. Maybe because I quit caring after the Ewoks put me off forever?

Natalie Portman is great to look at but can't act at all -- talk about wooden characters and dialogue. Geesh. I whole heartedly agree with Gene Siskel's take:

There is not a romantic word they [Padme and Anakin] exchange that has not long since been reduced to cliche.

No, wait: Anakin tells Padme at one point: "I don't like the sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating--not like you. You're soft and smooth." I hadn't heard that before.

LMAO. Heck, come to think of it, I can't even say my kids loved it -- there were way to many long, dreary stretches that really added little.

B

biglou

Originally posted by canucklehead

The voice of Yoda is Frank Oz (someone correct me if I'm wrong), who is the same guy who does a few characters on the Muppets/Sesame Street. Think of Grover - it's the same voice!

Dave
You are correct, sir. Remember the guy at the beginning of the movie "The Blues Brothers"? The guy that was naming off Jake's stuff as he was giving it back? "One black suit pants. One black suit jacket. One hat. Bu-lack." That was Frank Oz. He also voices Miss Piggy.

derekb_55

Feb 8, 2001
You guys are way to hard on the movie. It was awesome! Way better than episode 1. I would have to disagree with the point about not "feeling " for the characters. Thinking about what is going to happen to Anakin in the future where he turns to the dark side has to make you feel for him. He is going to loose Padme, his friends, his children. Episode 2 RULES!!! :aj:

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
The whole pissing matches with his master and his little tantrum he through in her bedroom portrayed him as a petulant little child. I could have done without those, although it definitely became evident he shouldn't have been trained in the first place. So in that end, I guess Lucas got his point across.

Top Bottom