Dec 26, 1999

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
From racerX original report
April 12, 2008
Chad Reed Goes Down Hard
By Billy Ursic

A few minutes ago in the first AMA Supercross class practice, San Manuel Yamaha's Chad Reed went down hard in a technical timing section and crawled off to the side of the track. The practice was red flagged and they had to take Reed off the track on an Asterisk Medic Mule. He looked to be favoring his right arm or wrist. Here's hoping he's okay. We'll keep you updated as soon as we learn more.

then came this report from racerX
April 12, 2008
Reed Injury Update
By Billy Ursic

Word now is that Chad Reed was taken in an ambulance to a local hospital for a possible rib injury and breathing problems. Supercross Live!'s Jim Holley saw Reed being loaded into the ambulance and said he was coughing up blood. Stay tuned as we learn more.

and the newest report from racerx
April 12, 2008
Chad Reed Update
By Billy Ursic

A source with Live Nation told us that they expect Reed to attempt to salvage some points tonight, maybe even going with a provisional start. (A 21st place finish still scores one point.) While the official wasn't sure exactly what the nature of the injury is, he did speculate that it was his scapula, which is the shoulder. As it stands, he has a 27-point lead over Kevin Windham.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Whoa!

The plot thickens... Sure have been a lot of injuries this year.

ETA: Reed pulls out of the heat, and will likely take his provisional and earn at least 1 point. So he'll leave Detroit with the lead no matter what.

I wonder if Millsaps will battle KW? Can Josh Hill finish ahead of KW and help out Reed? Could be a good one....

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dad-burn it!

why do I even try to make picks in the fantasy series :|

Next week I'm picking McGrath

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Damn.... after the heat races, and with Reed's injury, I think my fantasy team is in BIG trouble tonight! Been leading the way since Anaheim 1, but I think that'll change tonight, unless a miracle happens! :bang:

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I'm no doctor but I don't think a scapula causes you to cough up blood.

Should be an interesting race for the fantasy league, I need Davalos to win the LCQ.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Morais, Izzi, and Goerke all in the top 5, and all DRN fantasy league bonus riders.... :bang:

And I don't expect much out of Reed or Ramsey.... man did I tank this week! :|

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Reed was in full warrior mode and takes 12th to KW's 3rd!

In the post race interview, Chad says he was scared for his life he was coughing up so much blood, and spent 4 hours in the hospital. He patted himself on the back for his grit. He said he knew the other guys don't have his capabilities, and that lots of them would crash. I think Chad is constantly dazzled by his own warrior-ness.

And Canard goes down while in 2nd in the Lites, gets lapped and can only get back to 10th! RV dominates.

Looks like both Lites titles and the SX class are all going to come down to the last rounds.

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Yeah... All those riders who've had mediocre results had excellent nights tonight. DOH!!

Add in Reed having a bad night and it's going to be some ugly looking fantasy results tomorrow.

Can't believe Sumney rides from dead last at lap 4 to 8th place. Gibbs has got to be happy with a ride like that!! Can't wait to see the race!!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
dirt bike dave said:

In the post race interview, Chad says he was scared for his life he was coughing up so much blood, and spent 4 hours in the hospital. He patted himself on the back for his grit. He said he knew the other guys don't have his capabilities, and that lots of them would crash. I think Chad is constantly dazzled by his own warrior-ness.

And Canard goes down while in 2nd in the Lites, gets lapped and can only get back to 10th! RV dominates.

Looks like both Lites titles and the SX class are all going to come down to the last rounds.
Or is that "bedazzled?"
He's certainly a legend in his own mind!

So, how long will it take Japanese to follow KTM's lead and start putting electric start on their MX'ers?

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
There is no telling what Jethro was smoking, and the other guy is a documented idiot! The rookies on the moto x games, and the arena cross have the best announcers!

What's any of that have to do with the linked video and the announcers (Jason Wiegandt and Jim Holley) that are on it? As far as SX announcing goes I think Emig has done a fine job this year and I love the job that Wiegandt and Holley have done with the webcasts.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Sorry Chili, it was early? Next time I will turn on the sound also. Them guys do fine for internet feeds. Wonder what that pays. I am getting as bad as Indy on the we hate sheehan list. And yes, Jethro is doing better than last year, just loose his partner.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
dirt bike dave said:

In the post race interview, . . . He said he knew the other guys don't have his capabilities, and that lots of them would crash. . . .

Funny, I heard the post race interview, I didn't hear that!!

Now the fricking media has made a big fuss about every little thing to do with Chad trying to make everything more dramatic.

Even Kdub called him an animal and said he couldn't believe he was going to race after that crash.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
In the post race interview, . . . He said he knew the other guys don't have his capabilities, and that lots of them would crash. . . .
listen closer ....

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I watched the race, and can not believe KW did not blast CR in the shoulder for running him up high when he was getting lapped! And the punk did the same thing to DM! I would have hugged the tv if they would have dove under the floundering Reed and took him out high in the berm! Unbelievable!! They did not show him running anybody else up when he was getting lapped!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Okiewan said:
listen closer ....

Got a link? I was talking about the interview Chad gave to the online crew immediately after the race. They interrupted Ferry's podium interview to get Chad on right away. I was very surprised he came on right then - excellent work by the online team to get him on, BTW.

He started out saying that his competition was his inspiration (which is a nice compliment) but then finished it up with comments about how they did not have his capabilities.

He also was irritated that his teamate Ramsey was pushing him hard at the end. He did not know if it was for position or if Ramsey was lapping him. Can't blame Chad for being annoyed there, but it was interesting to get such a candid interview.

No doubt Chad has skills and is tough. His arrogance bugs me, though.

I did not watch all the TV broadcast, so I don't know what he said there. I did notice he did not have any difficulty at all putting his goggles on before the main. By the way everyone was talking, I figured there was no chance he could get his goggles on by himself, much less do it effortlessly.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Haven't found the exact text of the webcast interview I was referring to, but Chad was asked about it in this inteview with Racer X online http://racerxill.com/articles/detail/3189/monday-conversation-ii-chad-reed.aspx

"Racer X: And last night, on the webcast, you made a comment where you said you know the riders you’re up against, and that it was a key word, meaning that they aren’t racers...

Chad Reed: It’s no disrespect, but it’s just you know you’re leaps and bounds above those guys, and you know it. Even at that level that you’re riding, and you’re hurt, to be able to still be passing people, it’s quite amazing, to be honest. It’s crazy."

Spoken like a true warrior, I suppose. For a guy who only has 1 major title (when RC was out all season), he sure has a big head. Personally, I would like him more if he had some humilitiy. "It's no disrespect..." Umm OK. Seems a little disrespectful, though, to practically claim your opponents are so inferior you can rise from your death bed and smoke them.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Chad Reed is a WARRIOR!!!

I'm kind of disappointed in Windham. Reed is trying his hardest to GIVE K-Dub the championship, but Kevin just won't take it...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you know, if it weren't for the little green hat and the buckle shoes, I think I'd almost have to say I dislike RC less than Reed now.

Top Bottom