LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
That was insane!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Holy CRAP! I don't even have nightmares about doing anything like that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Raga rules on trials.

MX GZR

Nov 8, 2001
WOW! RC the GOAT? I don't think so. I don't think he could crawl through that stuff any faster than me! It's all done with smoke and mirrors,right?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Trials ROCKS! I really wish more people in the states would clue in and realize how cool it really is. Sure it's not as fast but holy crap the skill is insane. Remember grasshoppers in order to really be fast you must first master slow. Don't think so? RC has a trials bike, Windham does too, as well as a few others that understand.

OK I need to stop foaming at the mouth.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
The OHV park, "little egypt" that I frequent, was started by two VERY good trials riders. They put on trials comps ALL the time! Guys from all over the world come there to ride in their events. VERY cool!!!! I love trials. That's skill beyong our genetic makeup!hahaha maybe they're aliens and robots!hahaha

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
MX GZR said:
Patman said:
Don't think so? RC has a trials bike, Windham does too, as well as a few others that understand.

Point taken. But RC the GOAT?

Yes, the GOAT. As far as MX is concerned.. These guys are good, but on an MX track, they'd get smoked. Just like he'd get smoked on against these guys on a trials bike.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:ohmy:

:worship:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually Indy you might be suprised just how fast some trial riders are. Ray Peters is one that comes to mind because I have spent time with him on both venues. He actually did an off road riding class a few buddies of mine took. There were some "really fast" regional riders in attendance and when they started to play after the class Ray smoked all comers on the track and HS loop. No I don't think he could whip RC but many trials rides are very very fast. Gary Jackson who was Ray's minder for a while was another deceptivly fast trials guy. "Follow me" was usually shortly followed by those trying to follow saying "Where did Gary go?" :)

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
One of the the aspects of trials that is always great to watch is when they pull the bike off the ground up onto an obstacle. It's nuts the air they get just hopping off the ground. it's like the throttle and cutch are part of their flesh, they know it so well!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Patman said:
Actually Indy you might be suprised just how fast some trial riders are. Ray Peters is one that comes to mind because I have spent time with him on both venues. He actually did an off road riding class a few buddies of mine took. There were some "really fast" regional riders in attendance and when they started to play after the class Ray smoked all comers on the track and HS loop. No I don't think he could whip RC but many trials rides are very very fast. Gary Jackson who was Ray's minder for a while was another deceptivly fast trials guy. "Follow me" was usually shortly followed by those trying to follow saying "Where did Gary go?" :)

No, I know what you mean. And I was only comparing RC & two guys.. Didn't intend to imply that they'd get smoked by just anyone..

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I really enjoyed the guy on the non-motorized bicycle practicing. As to the trials, those do indeed rock. If it wasnt for the torn ACL at my first trials competition, I would probably have another (trials) bike in the garage.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
See Lorin you shouldn't dab, feet up!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
rickyd said:
Anybody know the specs of these bikes?

Ricky - Adam Raga is riding a Gas Gas 280/300 - Basic specs here :

http://www.gasgas.com/bikes/09_250-300.htm

Here's what his replica bike looks like :

08raga.jpg

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The really cool thing about trials is that the bike Average Joe can get is VERY much like what the best in the world ride. Little tweaks here and there but pretty much stock is such a fine machine that they don't need lots of other mods. I remember Ray had a carb from a PWC or snowmobile on his Scorpa one year and that was going way out on a limb.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom