Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
Today I did my third Trials event. It was held in the enviro stronghold of Marin Co. CA. It's
amazing that motorcycles are allowed to compete on private land. I can't image what kind of
regulations and hoops the club have to jump through to be able to keep the area open. The club leases
land from a open minded rancher. The ranch is located in the coastal hills of Marin. This location has
enough coastal fog that the grasses are still green.

The couple that laid out the Sunday course made it an enduro/ Trials. They had us ride what I think is
about a 10 mile of challenging trails. Riding from section to section was wearing me out. But at the
same time I was having a lot of fun riding technical trails on a Trials bike.

The sections were mostly located in the woods, on the hillsides. The Sportsman class which I ride, had
to do a lot of off chamber uphill turns between rocks, over small tree limbs. The ground mostly consisted of
decomposing leaves and bark. Very loose loam.

If you have excellent turning skills you would of cleaned up today. Not many obstacles to ride over until
section 10. There was one creek / rock ride that was very tough for me. Then there was section 10.
We had to ride over two 36" logs, one was on a downhill approach the other was on an uphill. The first two
times through that section I looked like a lobotomized Monty Python character . The third time I was very
tired after having ridden 30 miles on a trials bike and making every section a challenge. I managed to get around without doing any major damage to myself.

I took a look at the scoreboard after I dropped off my last card, and saw that everyone found it a very
challenging day. No one had any single digit scores today. I think I have a lock on the highest scores
recorded. I had a wonderful day. :cool:

Top Bottom