Stick with 250F or go with 250 Smoker?

xbreaka

Jun 13, 2006
Hi guys, last year I purchased a 06 KX250F, great bike and all, but the cost of maintaining the thing is pretty high, no major engine failures YET. I usually get around 11th or 12th in the 125c class, I am however very interested in getting more into freestyle, and doing alot of the tricks iv been trying to on a 4-stroke just seemed to be very weird, compared to when i tried them on my friends cr250. I also do alot of powerlines riding around here(cape cod, ma) and my 250F is loud as hell, and id like something thats a bit quieter, and not as attention grabbing.
Alright, well guys give me your opinions, whether I should keep my 250F or grab a 250 smoker. Now before I move on, the reason I havent included a 125 in this equation is because the sand around here can be pretty rough and my friends with 125s go through topends like no ones business.

1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)6'1 155lbs, athletic, fairly lanky
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? very agressive.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, powerlines/woods
4) Do you have any riding experience? Yes
5) Do you think you will race ? Will race either way
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I will be doing alot of the work myself.

I bought my 250F using the money i made by working 3 jobs over the summer, and I would just like a bike I can easily mod/repair without bankrupting myself. I am a 16 year old highschooler.

cr85rb_rider

Uhhh...
Nov 28, 2006
It seems to me like you want a 250 2t, if you want it, i think you should get it. By your post it seems like you dont have much of a choise, its ither, 250f or 250.

If i was in your posistion id get a 250 2 stroke (well i am anyway but).

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
The performance difference between your 250F and a 250T is dramatic thus don't think you can jump off one and onto the other. My son rides both the 125/250T's... loves to play and do the tricks with the 125 seems he more comfortable. When he rides and races (MX) the 250T he focused... no whips, no tricks... I'm sure this season as his comfort on the 250T grows he'll may start with the whip stuff. As a dad I'm fortunate that he is mature enough to realize the margin of error on the 250T is much smaller than that his 125. Hope this makes sense...
Good Luck...

fmxknox

Jan 20, 2007
well i ride with a lot of people with 250f's and 250 smokers and all the people on 250f's can do more stuff and are better on the 250 4 strokes..if it was up to me id go with 250f

Top Bottom