weissy39

Aug 3, 2007
RE: I just bought a 93 Rm250. I'm having troubles starting it, but with a little spray of quick start she will fire up... However, It idles EXTREMELY HIGH (sounds like holding the throttle wide open even though its not). Ive tried messing around with the idle, cleaned the carb out and changed the jets to 178 main 52 pilot. The reed valve is in good condition. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS??? I dont know where to go next... The guy i bought it off of suggested changing the head gasket??? but it has good compression and i dont see any signs or leaking...

HELP PLEASE....

I replace both the head gasket and cylinder gasket...... STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! Any other ideas... its getting a little frustrating and im about to take it to the dealership, i dont wanna pay out of my ass for something i could easily do myself.. Thanks

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Quick Start itself will cause a high idle.

An air leak, as mentioned above is possible. So is a clogged pilot jet. even though you've changed the jet, the circuit might still have dirt. Clean the carb again with special attention to that circuit. Remove the jet, use carb cleaner (with the wand) and use some compressed air. If you have some 0.40 thou safety wire, you might try running that through the circuit too.

snowskater101

Jul 18, 2007
sounds like you know what your talking about... but just to check, you dont have your slide in your carb backwards do you?

i bought a it250 from a kid and he had put the slide back in backwards which only let it go halfway down. that thing revved so high when it was started!!

weissy39

Aug 3, 2007
Thanks guys ill have to check that out just waiting for the shop to put a new crank seal in it to see if thats the problem. Im pretty sure the carb was together properly but its worth a look.
Cheers

Top Bottom