Stock Exhaust VS FMF Exahaust Weight Difference

CZ511

Mar 2, 2003
Has anyone compared the weight difference between the stock KDX exhaust system with a FMF system? Yes, a little depends on what FMF silencer, so, let's say... a woods Gnarly with a Turbine Core 2 silencer compared to the stock, boat anchor system. :uh:
I'm very curious since I just ordered the mentioned FMF system. I will be weighting the two when it arrives. My guess is... the stock pipe weights a little more but the silencer has just got to weight a whole lot more. :blah:

Last edited:

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
I have the same system but don't have a scale to measure that stuff. I do know that the stock expansion chamber is double walled and is super heavy compared to the FMF which is pretty thick it's self compared to other stuff. The silencer is also super heavy. I would bet it would be int the 2 to 3 pound range, if not more.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
According to my "super inaccurate" stand-on-the-bathroom-scale-while-holding-stuff method, I saved 7-8 pounds going to an FMF rev pipe and Turbine Core II. That more than makes up for the dual sport kit. :)

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
7-8 pounds saved over the factory system. I want to say the FMF setup was ~11 pounds and the factory was closer to 19. It was a few months ago, I really should write stuff down when I do it....

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
I better hurry and get my new pipe on then. (sitting in the garage still in the wrapper) I'm having a hard time getting rid of the stock but very quiet silencer though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…