Stock pipe low end vs. Rev pipe low end ?

Dgaffler

Feb 28, 2002
I have an 02 220 and have installed Power Reeds, FMF K-30 and the airbox mod.
It feels like the K-30 took away a little bit of the low end snap when compared to my bud's bone stock 02 200. Dont get me wrong
my 220 with the mods still makes great low end tourqe and runs exellent but the stock 200's low end seems to snap in a bit quicker.
Is this normal symtom of the rev pipe? I'm guessing this is normal but just wanted to make sure. The jetting seems to right on( 145/42 stock needle 2nd from the top clip ). great color on the WOT chop and havnt fouled a plug yet.

Thanks for any feedback!!

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Yes mine is the same way with the rev pipe. After throwing on my stock pipe for a little boot around the yard, I noticed a lot more low end with the stock pipe. But then it quickly flattened out and there was nothing on top. I am sticking to my rev pipe.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I noticed the same thing when installing my REV pipe then I started playing with the jetting and made considerable improvements. I found that the midrange was too lean and raising the needle to #4 made a huge improvement. After that when I flick open the throttle from closed to 1/2 the bike stands right up. The pilot jet can also make a big difference.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Adjust AS for best throttle response..NOT high idle (that's only a starting point).

Most opinions have it that an aftermarket pipe (either FmF) gives up nothing lo-end wise to the stock..but the rev (kg30) does have less on the bottom than the kg35 (torque).

Jetting critical. Mac said that already..........

BTW..thanks for putting in the pipe number instead of some burly, gnarly, desert, mountain bs.........;)

Bottom line is what works for you...what you want/like. Leave everybody else's opinion in the dust ;)

TGR

Apr 1, 2001
I put the FMF Torque pipe on my '01 220. I like what it does for the bike. Great snap on the bottom end, good mid range power. Only other mod is the removal of the air box lid.

Tom

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom