Stock Reedcase Mods

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS ANY MODS U CAN DO 2 THE PLASTIC INSERT IN THE REED CASE TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE??

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yes. Don’t forget to leave it in place.

It is there to attempt to keep the velocity of the charge constant as passes into & out of the reedblock. Don’t look at it as a restriction.

PS turn the caps down, people can think you are ‘shouting’

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Ha!...yeah...leave it in place..AND make sure it's oriented properly. It fits 180º out as easily as it fits correctly. Unfortunately your bike won't run NEARLY as well.

With the boot on the cage, look into the boot and you can easily see which is which.

There IS a tab that orients the phenolic block to the reed cage. Unfortunately, I don't remember whether it goes up or down :(...but I do remember that you can easily see the difference.

Check yours out to be sure if you've had it apart and didn't verify the assy.

There is a spacer you can get...from moose, I think?...that increases the intake port volume. Purportedly to increase bottom-end. I haven't tried one, can't say one way or t`other bout it.

tinytrev

Nov 16, 2002
Thank u all very much. im clueless really about the reedcase etc... thanx again !!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…