stolen bike?????

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
Hi,

I have had my suzuki for over a year now and it came with a powdercoated frame. Today i used some wet and dry to remove the coating to reveal the frame number but it appears there is not one where it should be.
I have taken it right back to the metal in the area it should be and although there is no sign of a grinder being used on it i just cant find the number. Could the number have been accidently removed during the powder coating or is my bike flogged?

thanks in advance.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I had my YZ85 frame sand blasted a year or so ago, the idiot that did it blasted off the VIN number.. Another reason I'll never sell that bike!! ;)

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
im hoping thats the case for mine too then. i was just worried incase i ever get stopped etc and bike taken off me. Also just found out its an 01.The guy that sold it to me told me it was an 02 :(
Not the end of the world though. ;)

mxman2000

Jan 19, 2008
Yeah the engine number is still there. I was trying to get parts though and apparently the engine number is no use for getting engine parts. Im hoping its all legit.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…