Dan from HB

Aug 24, 2002
Guys,
A friend's YZ250 was just stolen from a garage in Fountain Valley, Ca on Thursday nite. If anyone hears anything, please feel free to email me at santeedakota@earthlink.net .
'99 YZ250 vin# JYACE0300XA000214. Blue Plastic, FMF graphics incl seatcover, SST pipe, "Power By FMF" sticker on engine, ProAction susp stickers, 909 Bars. They took all his riding gear, his dad's brand new Tech 8's, a VFXR helmet, etc. Cleaned him out.
Thanks
Dan
PS: a CR250 was also stolen at the same time, and all that guy's gear as well.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sad news:(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dan.

Sorry to hear about that. On Monday, send a PM to a454elk with all of the numbers. He is a CHP officer that specializes in that type of thing.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm off on Monday but I'll be in Tuesday and get started with it. Sorry man, hate to hear it. I'll run up the local pooheads in the area that like to take other people's stuff.:|

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Elk, if you or your compadres catch these guys, video it and bring it to DW02 for some highlights. ;)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
everytime i read one of these stories, i have to go out to the garage and check.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I had to call and check ;)

Besides, I have only found one that would steal my POS! I scared him of on an 01 KDX! :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I should be videoing all the entries we do with these bike theives, you'd get a kick outta how girly they all act when we bust their door in.:):) Not so big and bad anymore:whiner: I've got some great video of a big sting operation we did with a bait car and undercover buys. I'll bring it to DW along with the laptop!:thumb:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Are you Dan from Training Wheels MC? Your email addy looks familiar. Was the bike stolen from another TWMC member?

Sorry to hear about the stolen scooters. I'll keep a look out at the local riding areas and tracks.

Fellow TWMCer Tony Santero

Dan from HB

Aug 24, 2002
Hi Tony,
Yeah, it's me! No, it was not a TWMC member, it was my best buddy's son and his friend. They were pretty bummed about it, too.
BTW, the other bike was not a CR250 as I thought. It was a KX125 with no graphics. I thought it was another of his friends.
Dan

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
It's sad how a lot of the 'kids' around my neighborhood like to show off their pride-and-joys to passers-by by leaving them on a front lawn, driveway, and yet in reality if it's not bolted down we have to fear that one punk out of 100 decent people that is willing to take it when our backs are turned! :|
I hope these guys are caught and punished severly! :flame:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by ktmboy
I hope these guys are caught and punished severly! :flame:

I couldn't agree more but unfortunately with our justice system up here in Canada the only chance of a SEVERE punishment is if it get's doled out in the back of the squad car or in the interview room :think: Other than that unless the guy has a record a mile long it will be a suspended sentence and counseling for his problems :|

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Chili - I just wanted to let you know that things are no different here in Michigan USA!! I had $32,000 worth of bikes/gear stolen out of my garage here in Ravenna! The Michgan State Police did a SUPER job of assisting me in the apprehension of 1 of the 4 guys that ripped me. They promised me that if I would pursue nailing this guy they would promise at least 7 years in the pen! Exactly one year later I was in court with this JERK testifying against him. This punk had a FELONY rap sheet of 5 on top of mine!! The judge said "you hsould be in prison but I have no where to put you" so out on on probation he went! Total time incarserated = 1 night in jail!! I cant say that it wasnt GREAT staringat hm in the court room and that I didnt find at least a little satisfaction but nothing like I needed!!
The sad truth is that I found out thru this experience that the insurance companies are just as bad as the street crooks! Farmers Ins refused to pay anything - have you ever heard of the term "loop holes"? Believe me when I say that the US insurance companies have enough "loop holes" built into every policy that they write so they only have to pay the policies that they want to pay!!
The only protection that you and I have in this day and age is a BIG DOG (the State Police suggested this) and a 44 mag!!
Enjoy those bikes but keep an EYE on em!
Woodsy

Top Bottom